Job: Anticipated Opening: Call Center Customer Service Specialist - Mandarin Spe
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position has been posted as an anticipated vacancy and may become available in the future. If this position becomes available and you meet the requirements, you will be notified via email to apply to the new posting. Please note you will not be sent a communication if this position does not become available.
Skills / Requirements
Southern California Edison's customer base is both ethnically and culturally diverse, with among the state's largest concentration of non-English speaking residents. Our company celebrates and accommodates the diversity of the community it serves through in-language services and special programs. An emphasis on diversity strategies, operational goals and accountability helped SCE maintain its rank in the top tier of Fortune magazine's annual list of the top 50 companies in America for ethnic minorities, placing high on the list at number eight.
We are seeking qualified bilingual professionals who speak English and one or more of the following languages: Mandarin.
This position will be a Call Center Customer Service Specialist in the Customer Communications Organization (CCO) within Southern California Edison's Power Delivery Services Business Area. The successful candidate will serve as SCE's first line of contact for customers and will provide the highest quality service in a non-stop, fast-paced, and continually changing environment while ensuring SCE's and the California Public Utilities Commission's (CPUC) polices are followed.
Typical responsibilities will include:
* Receiving phone calls from customers and updating customer information.
* Resolving customer issues through the research and analysis of data, reconciliation of inquiries or transactions, and utilization of computer programs/systems.
* Negotiating credit arrangements; providing excellent customer service during disaster outage situations; handling sensitive customer information and issues.
* Participating in special projects and coordinating activities which support Power Delivery Services.
* Attending all shifts as assigned, including working overtime as needed with little to no notice.
* Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
* Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
* Must be bilingual in the following language: Mandarin.
* Must have a minimum of one year of experience using computer systems to resolve problems for customers and answer customer questions regarding business programs, policies, and procedures.
* Must have a minimum of one year of experience analyzing customer data and offering programs, products or services to resolve customer needs pertaining to collections, billing, inside sales, or energy advisory services.
* If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in confidence by visiting www.edisonjobs.com.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Edison International and Southern California Edison reserve the right to close or cancel a posting at any time.
* Edison International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The position will be located in the Rancho Cucamonga Regional Office/Long Beach Regional Office.
* A language proficiency test will be administered to verify command of the required language skill.
* This posting is intended for gathering an interest pool of qualified Mandarin speaking applicants. Those applicants identified to move forward in the selection process will be notified and directed to apply to an active job posting.
* The Mandarin Speaking Call Center Customer Service Specialist (CUS1) opportunity will be posted as a part-time or full-time position at the discretion of the hiring manager