Job: Associate Project Manager - Irvine, CA
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at UnitedHealth Group
- 1Sr Project Manager - Quality Standards and Accreditation - Irvine CA
- 2Senior Oracle EBS Project Manager - Irvine, CA
- 3Project Manager - Clinical Program Operations - Business Operations - Irvine, CA
- 4IT Project Manager - Office of the CIO - Irvine, CA
- 5Senior Report Analyst and Project Manager - Healthcare - Irvine, CA
- View All Jobs
You're empowered to do your best by assisting with Operational Projects throughout the organization! Are you a subject matter expertise in project management, scope definition, risk identification, methodology and resource allocation or facilitation? Join us as an Associate Project Manager to coordination and complete projects across various functional areas, define performance and results and you may even assist management with vendors and service providers. You will makes presentations to management regarding updates, cycles, results and ensure projects are completed on time and within scope.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas. Typically, employees in this function are working towards or have achieved certification in project management. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques. Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope. May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations. Incumbents maybe part of a project management office (PMO) in their business. Project Management roles specific to a particular functional area should be assigned to that family where appropriate (e.g. IT Project Managers should be placed in the IT Family).
- Basic, structured, standard approach to work.
- Employees in this position should be working towards or have achieved certification in project management.
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in an Associate Project Manager/Project Coordinator role; i.e. someone who aids in assisting the individual who provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques, working within cross-functional teams/departments
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint; i.e. Project - coordinating and tracking project, creating project plans from scratch; Excel - creating spreadsheets, data manipulation, linking spreadsheets; PowerPoint - creating presentations from scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; i.e. communicate ideas clear and concisely, communicating with external and internal customers, communicate and work effectively across organization teams
- 1+ year of presentation/facilitation experience; i.e. conducting meetings, conducting off-site presentations, etc
- 1-3 years of experience utilizing the knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle); i.e. this person will be utilizing their knowledge of SDLC in order to carry out projects from conception to completion
- PMP Certified
- Healthcare experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.