Job: Child Development Teacher Floater
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Children's Bureau of Southern California
Browse Similar Jobs: Education - Faculty
Location: Magnolia Place (Los Angeles)
Department: Child Development Center
Job Code: 543
# of openings: 1
TITLE: Child Development Teacher Floater - CA State Preschool Program (CSPP)
PREFERRED PREREQUISITES: Experience working with young children in a preschool setting CA State Preschool (CSPP) program experience preferred Bilingual: Spanish/English, or other
REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or equivalent-(AA or BA in Child Development desirable) Must have at least 12 ECE units Child Development Associate Teacher permit or above. Interest in career in Early Childhood Education. Ability to be flexible, and transition smoothly between various classrooms. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
REPORTS TO: CSPP Master Teacher/Site Supervisor
Wallis Annenberg Child Development Center (WACDC)
Children's Bureau at Magnolia Place Family Center
Child Development Teacher Floater for the Magnolia Place location in Los Angeles, CA. The Teacher Floater is under direct supervision and will support a CSPP for 3-5 year olds. They work closely with Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers, parents and children, assisting with the preparation and administration of lesson plans and contributing to evidence based developmental assessments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Fill in as Teacher and work with Assistant Teachers with implementation of CSPP for 3-5 year olds and other educational program for children ages 3-5
* Fill in as Teacher and work with assistant teachers and parents to increase the parents use of developmentally appropriate learning activities and school readiness activities
* Work closely with children to make developmental progress in all 5 domains of school readiness including physical, social and emotional, approaches to learning, language and cognition, and general knowledge
* Work with Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers in complying with the Desired Results for Children and Families Evaluation Process
* Participate in and help facilitate center events, trainings, and workshops
* Become an integral part of a cohesive Early Childhood Education team
* Perform and follow CACFP meal program duties and procedures
* Provide support as Teacher and/or Assistant Teacher as necessary, depending on specific program needs.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff, clients, and visitors.
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct to our application page. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Children's Bureau
- Children's Bureau | Join Our Dedicated Staff | Non-Profit Organization
- Children's Bureau | Career Opportunities for Bilingual Therapists | Non-Profit Organization
- Children's Bureau | Teamwork is the Difference | Non-Profit Organization
- Children's Bureau | A Message from the CEO | Non-Profit Organization