Job: Financial Operations Analyst
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at UnitedHealth Group
Browse Similar Jobs: Other/General
- Assist with complex financial reconciliations of prescription drug event (PDE) records remitted to CMS and claims billed to clients
- Perform, analyze and report on findings of financial reconciliations
- Assist with data mining/reporting in claims data warehouse via online reporting tools, MS excel and MS access
- Partner with other departments, including Claims Operations and IT, as well as internal and external clients in the preparation of reconciliations and reports
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Involvement in the monthly/quarterly 'close' process
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Review the work of others, serves as a leader/mentor and sought out as an expert
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor degree in business administration/management, accounting, finance, or related function
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related function
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as the position require interfacing with other departments and clients
- Strong analytical skills; detail oriented, as well as ability to see 'big picture'
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment, as well as work independently
- Takes initiative and accountability for work product and able to meet deadlines
- Data mining/query, MS access, MS Excel experience is a plus and/or willingness to learn is desired
- The ideal candidate would have healthcare background
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.