Job: PT- Registered Nurse
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
In order to be considered for an interview applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email only. "Attn: RN- Temecula" must be included in the subject line of your email. Only applicants that meet the criteria listed in the job description will be considered for an interview. Please submit cover letter and resume to the email address listed.
Summary: Provides general nursing care to patients by performing the following duties.
1. Explain procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
2. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
3. Prepare equipment and aids provider during treatment and examination of patient.
4. Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
5. Observe patients, records significant conditions and reactions and notify supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
6. Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
7. Respond to lifesaving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedure and protocol.
8. Document nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
9. Initiate a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by provider and/or clinic policy including patient and family instruction.
10. Rotate among various clinical services of institution.
11. Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipments and supplies for surgery.
12. Participate in department or unit quality improvement activities.
13. Keep self and others informed of organizational goals and promote mission and goals.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
3. Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
4. Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
5. Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report all behaviors and/or activities that are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
Skills: Ability to learn and use electronic health records accurately and timely.
Education: current CA RN license, current CPR certification required.
Experience: Minimum 2 years RN experience required.
Neighborhood Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
current CA RN license, current CPR certification required.
Minimum 2 years RN experience required.