Job: Turbine Generator Maintenance Supervisor (SUP4)(71000565)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
This position will be in the Maintenance Services division within Southern California Edison‚s (SCE) San Onofre Nuclear Generation Station (SONGS). The successful candidate will provide leadership and supervision of staff for the Turbine Group and provide oversight, governance, and facilitation of turbine generator maintenance activities.
Skills / Requirements
Typical responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring equipment reliability of the turbine generators and support systems and for minimizing on-line operational issues.
* Coordinating Turbine Group activities with plant operations to ensure safe, compliant, reliable, and cost efficient execution by supervising diverse and specialized disciplines that have operational and financial impact on the company.
* Providing leadership and work direction to craft personnel and craft supervision to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient execution of the work as planned.
* Setting priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinating work activities with other division supervisors, and managing assigned resources in support of the Work Management Process.
* Providing status of work in progress and directing preparation of schedules, records and reports.
* Evaluating completed tasks, providing recommendations, and implementing action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
* Providing frequent communications within the Department and Division to coordinate the daily activities of the Turbine organizational team and promote teamwork and station shared goals.
* Fostering an environment of continuous improvement in Human Performance, Industrial Safety, and Equipment performance.
* Ensuring compliance with applicable Nuclear requirements, regulations, procedures, and specifications.
* Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Nuclear safety principles and regulations, and Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
* Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
* Must have experience with turbine generator overhauls and/or retrofit outages.
* Typically possesses at least ten years of combined experience performing and/or supervising turbine generator system component maintenance and overhaul in a utility or turbine company Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
* Demonstrated experience providing oversight, governance, and facilitation of turbine generator maintenance activities.
* Demonstrated experience providing leadership and work direction to craft personnel and craft supervision to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient execution of the work as planned.
* Demonstrated experience setting priorities for the team to ensure task completion and coordinating work activities with other division supervisors.
* Demonstrated experience with project management techniques to establish & maintain budgets, develop communication plans, and review and update scope and progress for complex maintenance projects, including managing vendor relationships.
* Demonstrated experience participating in department planning and providing budget recommendations.
* Demonstrated experience providing status of work in progress and directing preparation of schedules, records and reports.
* Demonstrated experience evaluating completed tasks, providing recommendations, and implementing action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
* Demonstrated experience working within established work management processes such as lock out-tag out processes.
* Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Bachelor degree in applicable profession, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
* Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
* Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
* Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
* ANSI: Shall have a high school diploma or equivalent. Shall have a minimum of four years of experience in the craft or discipline the individual is supervising.
* If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in confidence by visiting www.edisonjobs.com.
* Additional testing may be required as part of the selection process for this position.
* Edison International and Southern California Edison reserve the right to close or cancel a posting at any time.
* Edison International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.