Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior 3D Generalist, WWE - TEMP
at 2K Sports
SENIOR 3D GENERALIST, WWE - TEMP
Visual Concepts is one of the world's top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
NBA 2K19 continues to redefine the genre with Game Informer stating that it's "The most well-rounded sports game on the market once again." Digital Trends raves "NBA 2K19 is still the king of basketball sims." and Forbes states, "There is no such thing as a perfect sports game, but this is as close as it gets."
Our studios in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced 3d artist that's ready to join our art team. As a 3D generalist, you'll be asked to help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing and lighting.
We're looking for someone who's interested in taking initiative and is passionate about making high quality games. We're constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries and looking for someone who is up for that challenge as well! Willingness to take on a variety of 3d art related tasks depending on the current needs is important.
In this role, you will:
- Model high and low poly assets for real-time game development
- Collaborate closely between Art departments, Mocap, Engineers and Presentation Producers
- Create textures using Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer for proprietary game shaders
- Coordinate with outsourcer, and review and integrate assets, making fixes/improvements
- Organize and manage assets and tasks to meet deadline constraints
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Have shipped 3+ successful products
- Ability to create high quality high and low poly models and textures
- Technical knowledge about real-time shader creation as well as PBR workflow
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and very organized is a MUST
- Knowledge of basic rigging in 3D software, like Maya
- Experience with various software packages including Photoshop, Substance Designer and Painter
- Animation skills a plus
- Ability to create FX
- Ability to Rig simple to more complex mechanical assets
- Strong graphic design/layout skills