Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Multiplayer Designer
at 2K Sports
SENIOR MULTIPLAYER DESIGNER
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Game Systems Designer to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world project! Within this role, you’ll be focused on creating innovative and rewarding gameplay systems for a competitive and cooperative multiplayer experience. You’ll work with engineers, artists, and other designers to design and implement the pillars of our game.
- Document, build, implement, bug-fix and “own” your ideas, overseeing them from concept through to final release
- Design, implement, and balance multiplayer gameplay systems such as competitive game modes, reward systems, and player abilities
- Collaborate with the entire design team and other departments to maximize use of existing game systems, and mentor fellow designers
- Prototype and pitch your own design ideas to the team
- 5+ years’ experience within the video game industry
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game with a Game Designer role
- Experience in multiplayer or Player-versus-Player design for PC or console games
- Experience with programming or scripting
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability and with a focus on multiplayer systems
- Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspects of game design
- Experience working in-engine, either prototyping or implementing your ideas
- Comfortable with development that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Ability to find new opportunities for improvements and additions within a game
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with engineers, artists, and other designers
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Experience working with analytical data sets for balancing and fine-tuning
- Experience with Unreal Engine