Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer, Quality Process
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Quality & Mission Assurance - Quality Engineering
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We are seeking a Senior Quality Process Engineer to join our team in our Canoga Park, CA office.
Responsible to work with manufacturing and inspection to ensure process compliance to specification requirements. Activities include process surveillance, process audits and control checks. The primary processes may include welding/joining, brazing, heat treating, machining, aqueous cleaning, clean room control and assembly. Responding to customer needs and may include weekend work.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
100% - Under limited general direction:
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with spec requirements. This is accomplished through area surveillance, process audits and process control checks.
- Issue and maintain certifications for personnel, equipment and special processing areas.
- Review and approve process command media such as Quality and Process Specifications, Process Instructions, etc.
- Prepare concise and accurate written text for procedures, specifications, quality assurance work authorizations and/or related graphic materials.
- Data analysis of quality assurance performance trends, support to quality assurance planning for manufacturing, assembly and test.
- Conduct Performance Monitoring (Cost of Quality, Nonconformance Rates), Corrective Action (Incident Investigation, Root Cause Analysis), and Document Control (Work Instruction Approval, Nonconformance Processing).
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and five (5) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality principles, and hands-on work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Depending on the location of the position, visual certification requirement may apply.