Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head of Core Sales
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services, including foreign currency drafts, wire transfers, risk management tools with designated Account Executives. We can handle every aspect of a client’s foreign payment needs, from risk consultation to transaction execution.
This position is to be based in US or Canada.
Tell us about yourself, include cover letter alongside resume!
The Head of Core Sales is responsible to the Americas Sales Director for executing AFEX’s Core New Business sales performance plan in conjunction with regional management to meet or exceed AFEX’s short and long-term objectives within a matrix structure.
The Head of Core Sales reports to the Americas Sales Director.
- Contribute to the strategic direction for AFEX’s Acquisition of core customers for the Americas Region
- Leader and Manager of Core New Business Team. Provide team with necessary tools and guidance to effectively do their job, which also requires working cooperatively with multiple management.
- Work alongside other sales management personnel to generate, motivate and support sales team efforts
- Effectively hire, develop, train and retain team in accordance with AFEX guidelines alongside regional management.
- Follow company policy in regards to HR standards and the Annual Review process specifically pertaining to goal setting, performance management reviews.
- Foster open environment through idea sharing and active listening resulting in positive employee relations and improved financial results
- Work with team members focusing on
- Acquisition of and assisting in servicing and retaining customers
- Establishing and meeting KPI’s as set by company
- Maintain and manage critical success factors and conversion ratios
- Go to market strategy in line with sales development, marketing framework
- Ensure consistency and compliance with company policy, resulting in operational excellence and efficiencies
- Create succession plan and make it an active part of the AFEX Culture
- Be an Ambassador for AFEX’s Culture with the team, within the company, and with external contacts
- Serve as a role model for others by modeling professionalism, poise and composure
- Independently identify and pursue new business opportunities by focusing on enterprise level opportunities across US and Canada
- Work collaboratively with regional management on all aspects of team recruitment, performance management, sales support and all aspects of leadership.
- To act on occasion as the overall relationship owner of enterprise referral partner/customer that may be serviced by multiple AFEX team members and third party partners
- Represent AFEX as a sales leader, providing ongoing coaching, leadership and development opportunities for Sales staff across the Americas
- On a monthly basis, ensure that the team meet/exceed revenue and new account targets set by supervisor.
- Manage the high-level relationship of assigned AFEX clients as agreed with the Regional Sales Director and provide excellent customer service as required.
- Work alongside back office staff to resolve potential Compliance, Operation or Credit issues of concern.
- Work with Sales Support staff during the client on-boarding process.
- Absolute adherence to company compliance and regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Proven proactive sales and analysis skills for successful business generation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in a matrix structure including the cooperative approach required to share responsibility and accountability with others
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the field of foreign exchange services
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional deportment and the ability to persuade
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation abilities
- Excellent organization time management skills
- Insight and experience to protect the company’s commercial priorities and positively drive client relationships
- Extreme attention to detail, particularly with respect to client information and payment data
- Strong mathematical skills
AFEX is committed to offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training