Alliance HealthCare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practitioner I, Payroll
at Alliance HealthCare Services
- Position Type
At Alliance HealthCare Services, our focus is on transforming the customer and patient experience. Vital to our success are the Corporate Team Members who collaborate with clinical, operational, and sales teams in the field. We focus on delivering improved processes, innovative new services, and business solutions that differentiate and advance our comprehensive clinical services—always with our patients’ and customers’ needs in mind.
This is an entry level position that wil lhandle most clerical items in the department. The Payroll Practitioner will consult with the Sr. Practitioner III and Payroll Supervisor with regards to questions related to compliance prior to providing advice. The Payroll Practitioner will handle hourly payroll of about 400 and will be back up for Front Desk & Mailroom.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for processing of payroll for a particular region(s). Handles escalated items and or issues for department as a whole. May handle special projects and/or tasks as assigned by payroll management.
- Balances region(s) payroll when received from payroll vendor. Completes audit check list for payroll processing.
- New hire and class change Personnel Action Form (PAF) processing, including tax set up, SSN verification, various field audits.
- Processes terminations, including paying out final pay, final deductions, paying out vacation balances and verifying final hours from eTIME.
- Performs various post payroll audits – also verifies that all manual, adjustment and voided checks post in EV and on the payroll register.
- Fills in for Front Desk Receptionist and Mail room when necessary.
- Responds to Managers/Team Members inquiries on payroll policy on the region’s payroll.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Certificate from College or Technical School preferred.
- 6 months of related experience required.
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.