Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant -CHLA
- Job ID
Functions as an AltaMed ambassador, is welcoming and attentive to the needs of all patients and creates a positive patient experience by managing expectations while demonstrating compassion and respect. The M.A. II will assist in the provision of direct patient care by performing routine patient care procedures and technical/clerical support services in the clinical setting. He/She will perform this role by building relationships with patients, listening to them and gaining their trust. He/She will also demonstrate compassion and respect and will be proactive in managing patient’s expectations. In addition, the M.A. II will document all specialties in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and assist with more administrative responsibilities that include providing feedback on Back Office processes to the Nursing Supervisor/Manager. Will also assist in achieving department goals and objectives by providing support and guidance to the M.A. team as a mentor and trainer.
- Perform patient intake (i.e. vitals, chief complaints).
- Perform all requested orders (i.e. vaccines, medication administration, labs, CLIA Waive Test, Hearing, Vision, etc.) in order to prepare for provider visit.
- Document intake into EHR (for all specialties).
- Effectively manage assigned patient flow and other team’s patient flow.
- Maintain patient care areas clean and stocked. Includes assisting with supply/med/vaccine inventory/logs.
- Schedule follow-up appointments and “no-shows”.
- Function as a patient advocate by ensuring patient concerns are resolved and/or addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care by interfacing with Patient Centered Medical Home and other team members.
- Responsible for assisting in the training and development of new and/or existing M.A. I staff as needed.
- Responsible for providing feedback regarding back office procedures to the M.A. III staff and/or Nursing Supervisor/Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant certificate along with a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a back office Medical Assistant required; 3 years preferred. Prior experience as a “lead” strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese strongly preferred.