Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Requirements Analyst
- Job ID
- Enterprise Analytics
The Business Requirements Analyst acts as liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. With guidance from the Project Managers the BRA will be involved throughout the project delivery life cycle to document business processes, workflows and requirements of the end-users Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification, testing and validating the fulfillment of all requirements. The Business Requirements Analyst is expected to support Project Management and Project stakeholders in identifying business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This role is expected to perform requirements analysis and create functional process design, ensure testing services for delivery of project and enhancements requirements meet the scope and requirements defined by the business user and process owner.
- Work with the project manager, project lead, and/or project sponsor and cross-functional user groups including Medical Management, Operations, IT and technical staff, Compliance, HR, and 3rd party vendor in support of future product application enhancements or acquisitions and to define and document business processes and user requirements
- Support Project Management and work with 3rd party vendors, developers , IT and technical staff in order to create a simple, meaningful, efficient solution to business and systems requirements, and present this solution and obtain buy-off from the end-user group and project stakeholders
- Develop test cases for new designs that validate the process and the system solution, and be willing to execute testing for bug fixes and new capabilities being released.
- As part of the Strategic Project Management Office, monitor Change Orders (Scope, deadlines, budget) and mange Change Requests (bugs and enhancement), and Provide project management skills to properly set and manage expectations and assure solution delivery
- Create and hold formal training sessions for the user groups
- Write/update reference/user guides and assist with manual creation and training to ensure change management needs are met for new or existing products and applications.
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Decompose business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable application development and for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Identify quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- With the guidance form Project Managers Project Leads perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization and peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Document and Track requirements traceability information errors and defects, and write requirements defect identification and notification
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements documentation policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
- Identify ways to assist project manager in project planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or technical discipline required.
- 2 years business case development, IT analysis , documentation and verification of requirements documents or related role, highly desired
- 2 years’ experience of Systems Engineer or Business Analyst experience managing requirements of healthcare projects, highly desired
- Minimum three years of direct experience in working with IT developers and system design, Strongly preferred
- PMI-PBA Certification – Strongly Preferred
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and software development processes, required.