Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
Functions as a lead of the healthcare team, coordinates clinic operations that ensure quality patient care in a safe, healing environment that is patient and family centered. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Have appropriate clinical skills be an expert resource. Is available and supportive to employees and understand priorities/needs of the clinic. May recommend to management in efficient resource allocation by assuring appropriate patient care assignments, staffing, and scheduling. Works collaboratively on clinical operations with the Administrative Leadership Team. Demonstrates performance consistent with the strategic plan of the organization and AltaMed mission and values.
- Able to function independently with good clinical judgement and implement standing orders and procedures, established by the organization.
- Coordinates clinic operations and delegate’s tasks to staff appropriately.
- Acts as a resource, preceptor and mentor to new employees, registry staff, students and other team members in the clinic specific to clinic operations and patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems in collaboration with staff members and other departments within AltaMed.
- Participates in activities related to patient flow, including intake and discharge process.
- Support regulatory audit activities in collaboration with Clinic Leadership and Compliance Department.
- Responsible for ensuring teaching, training and competencies for clinic staff as needed.
- Maintains acceptable standards of nursing care, based on community, JCAHO and AltaMed standards.
- Serves as a resource for clinical concerns, scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations as well as operational concerns of providers and staff.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to meet the clinic demands of the day: facilitates and relieves staff breaks.
- Provides input on employee’s performance evaluations through daily observation and monitoring of performance.
- Adjust staffing needs for the clinic to assure quality patient care, patient and staff safety, efficiency, productivity and working conditions of provider and staff.
- Participates in resource allocation (assignments, scheduling, staffing, equipment/supplies management).
- Works collaboratively with Clinic Leadership in planning and implementing medical services.
- Develop and manage performance improvement projects in coordination with Clinic Leadership.
- Ensure compliance for infectious control program for the clinic.
- Assist with monitoring of quality and compliance with all nursing standards (including, but not limited to, development of audits for EHR nursing documentation and facility audits as it relates to back office).
- Functions as the triage nurse for the clinic.
- Instructs patient and/or family on follow-up care.
- Documents activities (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.).
- Communicates, coordinates and consults with members of the health team while performing nursing responsibilities.
- Responsible for ordering medication and clinic supplies or may assign a designee.
- Responds to all medical emergencies and will take the lead in management of the situation as indicated.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accredited school of nursing graduate with a current California State Board of Nursing License coupled with a minimum of 1 year hospital or clinic
- Related nursing experience required. Charge Nurse experience is preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.