Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Examiner II
- Job ID
A Claims Examiner is responsible for analyzing and the adjudication of medical claims as it relates to managed care. Performs payment reconciliations and/or adjustments related to retroactive contract rate and fee schedule changes. Resolve claims payment issues as presented through Provider Dispute Resolution (PDR) process or from claims incident/inquiries. Identifies root causes of claims payment errors and reports to Management. Responds to provider inquiries/calls related to claims payments. Generates and develop reports which include but not limited to root causes of PDRs and Incidents. Collaborates with other departments and/or providers in successful resolution of claims related issues.
- Process medial claims, professional and institutional as it relates to the appropriate Federal and State regulations based on the member’s Line of Business; Medicare, Medi-Cal, Commercial, PACE Lines of Business.
- Read and interpret DOFRs as it relates to the claim in order to ensure that group is financially at risk for payment.
- Read and interpret provider contracts to ensure payment/denial accuracy.
- Read and interpret Medi-Cal and Medicare Fee Schedules.
- Correct claims payment/denial errors identified by the Claims Auditor prior to a check run.
- Must maintain an error accuracy of under 3%.
- Communicate with Claims Management for any issues relating to provider, fee schedule, eligibility, authorization, or system issues.
- Assist in the creation of any business rules and training in order for the Claims Department to become more efficient and accurate.
- Coordinate with the Recovery Department for any identified overpayments.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings and provide feedback when requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of Claims Processing experience in a managed care environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of Medi-cal regulations.
- Preferred knowledge of Medicare and Commercial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have an understanding to read and interpret DOFRs and Contracts.
- Must have an understanding how to read a CMS-1500 and UB-04 form.
- Must have strong organizational and mathematical skills.