Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician - PACE
- Job ID
Under the direction of the PACE Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy Technician will assist PACE Clinical Pharmacists at assigned PACE locations to support the delivery of safe, effective medication therapy to PACE program participants. The Pharmacy Technician will provide direct support to the Medication Management Therapy interactions that are carried out by the PACE Clinical Pharmacists. The Pharmacy Technician will have direct patient contact to facilitate clinical pharmacy appointments, medication reconciliations, pill box refills, patient follow up, and clerical duties to support the efficiency of the PACE clinical pharmacists.
- Provide assistance to the clinical pharmacist to support the delivery of safe, effective medication therapy.
- Organize and distribute patient profiles and other clinical information for clinical pharmacy appointments and medication reconciliation.
- Ensure patients leave clinical pharmacy visits with appropriate education materials, follow-up plans, and return appointments.
- Contact select patients by phone to confirm that treatment goals are being met, and to reinforce key self-management instructions and medication adherence.
- Perform technical and clerical duties which do not require the professional clinical judgment of the pharmacist. These duties include initiation of medication reconciliation, including obtaining and documenting patients’ medication information for pharmacists’ review, communicating with contracted pharmacies to initiate medication refills, checking and recording patient vitals, and filling customized patient medication packages (i.e., medication boxes/organizers, multi-blister cards).
- Maintain appropriate communication with patients on progress and status of requests. Play a key role in maintaining a high level of patient satisfaction by providing patients with exceptional customer service. Serve as a liaison between patients, physicians and pharmacists.
- Initiate and receive pharmacy and patient telephone calls in a courteous and clear manner.
- Gather appropriate contact information from telephone calls and update electronic medical record with appropriate call details.
- Under protocol, gather information from electronic medical records regarding previous medication refills, and previous and pending primary care provider appointments.
- Assess medication for inclusion in developed prescription refill center authorization protocol, and refill medication following protocol criteria.
- Attempt to resolve medication issues, including prior authorization forms. Send messages to providers via the electronic health record system for outstanding office visits and lab work, or to contact providers/clinics directly for questions.
- Forward refill requests to clinical pharmacist for approval or further review if refill criteria is not met per protocol.
- Assist in coordinating Pharmacist clinic appointments.
- Contact patients to initiate or provide reminders for follow-up lab visits, refill reminders, disease management tips, or office visits.
- Provide documentation in medical record and communication to prescriber as per prescription refill protocol.
- Maintain appropriate communication with patients to update on progress and status of request.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Pharmacy Technician certification, and minimum 1 year of work experience as a pharmacy technician
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- 1 year experience working with senior populations, preferred.