Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dietitian - PACE
- Job ID
Assess the nutritional status and dietary needs of AltaMed participants and plan for the provision of adequate dietary intake to achieve his/her optimal level of independent functioning. Provide necessary consultation and teaching to participants, families and the Interdisciplinary team. Performs professional work in the application of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to meet participant’s daily nutritional and special dietary needs according to AltaMed standards.
- Evaluates participant’s nutritional status, utilizing various lab values and physical assessments, obtaining primary care provider’s orders as required.
- Assesses participant’s food preferences, methods of preparation and cultural and environmental factors affecting the participant’s dietary intake.
- Participates in the development and revision of the participant’s plan of care as a member of the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Develops a plan for the provision of food and drink appropriate for the participant’s physical and medical needs and environmental conditions. Integrates the nutrition treatment plan into the overall plan of care developed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Educates the participant’s family or other caregivers about the need for and preparation of therapeutic diets as part of the treatment plan.
- Re-evaluates and revises nutritional plans as necessary to ensure the continued adequacy and appropriateness of the nutritional plan, obtaining primary care provider’s orders as necessary.
- Reports participant’s treatment response to the team and primary care provider.
- Maintains necessary record keeping functions pertaining to participant’ care and submits in a timely manner.
- Attends staff, scheduled IDT and Care Coordination meetings.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Registered Dietitian. Registered by the American Dietetic Association required.
- A minimum of one (1) year professional work experience in clinical nutrition as Registered Dietitian.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with the frail elderly.
- Current CPR/BLS certification also required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin preferred.