Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Project Manager, Strategy Office
- Job ID
- Project Management
Under the direction of Director of the Strategic Project Management Office, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing large and/or complex programs and projects throughout AltaMed, including the clinical sites with the aims of improving patient health outcomes and business results. The focus will be to design, plan, manage and implement the highest priority strategic business initiatives with significant financial, process, information systems and organizational impacts that span across multiple business lines and functions. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior business leaders and other project and program sponsors, quickly and comprehensively assess and address issues associated with supported initiatives, and the ability to identify and implement improvements within the overall project delivery process. She/he will be expected support and coach Project Management (PMBOK) processes and best practice development and to contribute in the department’s effort to institutionalize project management, program management, change management and lean processes throughout the enterprise.
- Accountable for the successful completion of projects on time, within budget and with excellent quality. The position also entails the following:
• Requirements gathering, planning resources, costs and timeframes to ensure project success.
• Monitoring and controlling team progress and ensure on-time delivery.
• Maintaining regulatory compliance, quality system and project goals.
• Managing project risks and implementing contingency plans to mitigate unforeseen events and changes in strategy.
• Presenting project proposals and status reviews to executive staff and other audiences.
• QA/ QC of overall product, system and service delivery,
- Responsible for all phases of the project (kickoff to close-out)
- Ensures that recommended technologies and program enhancements meet or exceed the user’s expectations; personally meet with users regarding potential problem areas, schedule delays, or other events which could affect project scope or completion.
- Responsible for customer engagement, analysis of scope intake and project request analysis
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, solution approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Provides data driven solutions that promote continuous improvement.
- Provides technical direction and reviews work produced to ensure technical excellence.
- Educates and integrate business changes into operations, advocate process & tool changes and assists teams to adopt new practices, reinforces and sustains change.
- Provides project staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of lower level staff and outside consultants.
- Instructs and educates on all aspects of project; participate in developing training programs for different audiences.
- Effectively facilitates dialogues between multiple stakeholder groups.
- Effectively communicates to various senior level audiences through a variety of communication vehicles.
- Establishes and manages effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care, quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science) or related field is required;
- Master’s degree in business, health care or quantitative discipline strongly preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience required in project management with successful deployment demonstrating measurable positive results.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in health care project management or process improvement required; health information technology implementation experience desired.
- Minimum 5 years experience end- to-end information systems installation, migration and upgrade projects desired.
- Project Management Certification required.
- Change Management and Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certifications strongly preferred