Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Safety Specialist
- Functional Group
- M-F, 8a-5p
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support the Regional Safety Manager in assisting and supporting the regional sites in performing safety training, safety policy/program development and performing Safety Management Systems Audits at the direction of the Regional Safety Manager. Work with sites that are struggling to meet company initiatives (e.g., Behavioral Based Safety) and ensure that they are compliant with state and/or federal OSHA standards and requirements. Oversee the department’s Risk Based Safety Management SharePoint site and Contractor Safety Program.
1. Assist with the implementation of safety and health programs and process by presenting training and completing audits
2. Develop, implement, and coordinate safety and health policies and procedures to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and the financial losses associated
3. Review and evaluate various job activities and new processes for safety, health, and environmental issues and makes recommendations to control or eliminate hazards
4. Respond to and investigate reports of hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions; review recommendations and/or take appropriate action in order to mitigate potential safety and health risk
5. Assist in the development and updating weekly and monthly safety metrics and performances
6. Assist in tracking and trending safety and program performance
7. Support contractor safety and health compliance
8. Manage the Risk Based Safety Management SharePoint site and related information
9. Manage the company’s Contractor Safety Program through the use of ISNetworld
10. Serve as a company resource for safety and health; interacts with regulatory agencies, customers, and others as necessary at the direction of the Regional Safety Manager
11. Develop and deliver presentations on health, and safety topic including supporting safety meetings
12. Conduct incident investigations and safety inspections in support of the company safety program
13. Assist in the management of the company OSHA 300 log including completion of the annual summary for posting
14. Conduct required OSHA employee training as required
15. Contribute to the development or revision of OSHA compliance
16. Ensure all departments complete monthly safety meetings, trainings and inspections
17. Interpret OSHA regulations and apply to everyday business in the areas of safety/ compliance
18. Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of work experience in occupational safety required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Certification in OSHA or equivalent program preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in understanding government regulation, safety and environmental compliance.
• Ability to objectively and accurately evaluate data utilizing analytical skills to maximize overall EHS performance.
• Ability to maintain confidential information and to communicate information regarding compliance performance or other business issues strictly on a need-to-know basis.
• Must have demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism on a continuous basis (i.e. demeanor, communication, etc.).
• Ability to influence others and to impart the concept of continuous (ongoing) improvement at all points on the performance continuum. • Strong organization and follow-through skills.
• Must be comfortable working without direct supervision; and, a demonstrated ability to secure resources cross functionally without daily oversight.
• Certified OSHA 501 trainer is a plus
• Strong overall computer skills required, (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, etc.).
• Experience with transportation, warehouse or industrial refrigeration systems a plus
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Strong organizational skills are mandatory
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
• Solid decision making skills utilizing sound judgment
• Bilingual language skills (speak and write Spanish) is a plus
• Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires travel by automobile and airplane for business purposes
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
• 20% to 40% travel.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.