Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Technology Salesforce Platform Lead
at Amgen Inc.
Career CategoryInformation Systems
The Global Salesforce Platform Owner will define the vision, priorities and success criteria for the platform, and will ensure that Amgen gets the greatest value from the platform. As the platform owner you are highly engaged with Product Owners and work closely with IS partners on the delivery, operations and enablement to deliver world-class offerings that support Amgen’s business strategy.
You have worked with Salesforce before, delivered implementations and have a deep understanding of the platform and clouds. As the Platform Owner, you are highly engaged with Product Owners and work closely with ISpartners on the delivery, operations and enablement to deliver world-class offerings that support Amgen’s business strategy. You will be customer focused, highly collaborative and constantly seek input to ensure success. You have an understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies and will apply this understanding to continuously improve platform operations.
- Define and communicate the vision, priorities and success criteria for the platform
- Collaborate closely with business sponsors and stakeholders to determine the suitability and value proposition of the Salesforce platform for planned business initiatives
- Influence product prioritization working with product owners on their initiatives impacting the platform
- Maintain strategic and technical roadmap for the platform inclusive of defining and maintaining a roadmap of transformation initiatives impacting the platform and ensuring alignment with enterprise vision for the platform. Additionally, responsible for assessing and determining the impact of new Salesforce features, that are released three times a year, to the current products.
- Assist business groups on solution requirements, understanding current and future state impacts on the platform and associated business functions
- Works collaboratively with product owners to drive goals to enable and ensure successful sprints and rollouts
- Promotes continuous improvement methods to support product delivery on the platform
- Creates, owns and implements standardized and repeatable processes and platform standards.
- Establishes and owns release plan, windows, and goals and coordinates the deployment release
- Manages a team of Salesforce architects that are embedded / work within product teams
- Manages a team of release engineers that deploy the releases to the production environments
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Master’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Ability to ‘sell’ the product internally and get an audience excited about technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey the platform vision to executive and technical audiences alike
- Experience with public speaking and speaking in front of large audiences
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and seeks to continuously improve the DevOps processes for the platform
- Expertise delivering on the Salesforce platform
- Has and maintains a good understanding of Salesforce functionality and product knowledge across multiple clouds.
- Possess a broad operating range, from strategic planning to tactical details
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Previous experience in a product, engineering, project management or services role in a SaaS company
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Self-starter, broad thinker, strategic planner, and analytical
- Exhibit a unique blend of business and technical savvy
? Salesforce Admin
? Salesforce Advanced Admin
? Salesforce Platform Builder
? Certified Scrum Master
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.