Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate IS Analyst- Operations
at Amgen Inc.
Career CategoryInformation Systems
Amgen is seeking a Technical Analyst to join Digital Workplace Experience (DWX), who will interact with Amgen’s users in the Amgen Thousand Oaks location, cross functional areas, managed service partners supporting Amgen tool sets. The Technical Analyst will provide technical oversight of technologies that support the Amgen Thousand Oaks business. The incumbent will manage customer expectations, perform the hands-on technical content development work on their own and work with functional areas and provides “fit-for-purpose” technology solutions.
The Technical Analyst will report to the DWX Regional Service Delivery Manager (Western US) and be based out of Amgen Thousand Oaks office. He/she will be responsible to identify business needs to align with IS strategies and translate those into technical requirements to successfully deliver solutions through Amgen IS and represent the DWX technology. Also, he/she will be expected to provide hands on support and training as needed in a variety of technologies and devices.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Digital Workplace Experience (DWX) team is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and life cycle of Amgen’s communications, collaboration, and compute technologies. The team consists of cross-disciplinary IS professionals who understand how to deliver services that span both infrastructure and applications.
Key Activities for the Technical and End User Services Analyst include:
- Involved in technology advancement within Amgen via frequent interactions, demos, and understanding of core business functions
- Be responsible for End User Services in the Amgen Thousand Oaks location, providing escalation management for issues, ensuring these are dealt with according to DWX governance model
- Interactions with Amgen’s Information Security, Identity and Access Management, Records and Information Management teams to ensure solutions are scalable, secure, and optimized to protect Amgen’s information.
- Responsible for User Experience of end user technology in the Amgen Thousand Oaks location, ensuring local requirements are articulated to global delivery teams, be involved in testing and roll-out of services.
- Collaborate with run Managed Service Provider to ensure SLA’s are being achieved for services.
- Involved in coordinating Major Incident Management activities for issues impacting End User services in the Amgen Thousand Oaks location.
- Engage the business to understand their business requirements and current processes and helping find ways to improve processes using Services within the Workplace Services portfolio.
- Working closely with Operations/Run team to troubleshoot problems, assist in deployment activities
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Strong background delivering emerging technologies, mitigating risk and delivering innovation
- Proven ability to move products from Demo and Proof of Concept to Pilot and Production quickly
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Hands on experience with Office 365, SharePoint Online, Box and other Cloud Enterprise Solutions Collaborative working with Enterprise Architecture group and implementation partners in defining solution specifications
- Strong time and task management skills to estimate and successfully meet project timeline with ability to bring consistency and quality assurance across various projects
- Good communication skills in explaining the collaboration features to end users and assisting end users with utilizing SharePoint features and functions
- Ability to learn new technologies, and be able to work and deliver high quality in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Excellent documentation and writing skills to ensure compliance with policy
- Able to work independently and provide recommendations on strategies for meeting client needs within the portal, collaboration, and enterprise social domains and bring creative problem solving and issue resolution skills
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.