Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amgen Inc.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Every year, Amgen is included on numerous best employers’ lists worldwide, as we are aware that our success rests on attracting and retaining the best talent.
Our European Hub based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland consists of highly qualified professionals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, whose efforts are primarily centered on marketing our products in the European region.
Are you looking for a new, interesting job opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Senior Counsel (Director level) to join our Legal team. As the job holder you are one of two Swiss-qualified lawyers located in Switzerland, and part of a team of over 30 lawyers supporting Amgen’s commercial and R&D operations outside the United States. The role will cover a broad range of work but will consist of two major components. First, you will lead a group of lawyers, based in various locations, responsible for legal support of Amgen’s businesses in Central and Eastern Europe (including Russia and the CIS), as well as in Turkey, the Middle East and Africa (TMEA). In this connection, you may act as the legal representative on the TMEA (and possibly other) cross-functional management committees.
Second, as a Swiss-qualified lawyer, you will be expected to assist in handling Swiss law matters for the European hub as they arise. These may include issues relating to the interpretation and/or enforcement of our distribution agreements (which are governed by Swiss law) and other Swiss law agreements, and employment matters in Switzerland. You may also be involved in leading or handling internal compliance or HR investigations arising from conduct or activities in the countries covered.
In addition to the foregoing, we may ask you to provide legal support on a mixture of diverse projects and initiatives on an as-needed basis, taking into account your individual skills, experience and interests.
You will work closely with other members of the ILG team, as well as with attorneys based in Amgen’s global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California, external counsels and a wide range of Amgen client partners. The role may require frequent travel.
You will report directly to the Vice President & General Counsel, International, who leads the Amgen International Legal Group (ILG).
What are we looking for?
Your professional profile:
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree from a recognized university law faculty
- Qualification to practice law in Switzerland
- Minimum 10 years of practice at a well-regarded law firm (in life sciences/healthcare) or in-house at a multinational life sciences company, or a combination of both
- Good general knowledge of biopharmaceutical regulatory issues and healthcare compliance issues, including interactions with healthcare professionals, data privacy, anti-corruption and competition law
- Experience in leading and/or working on internal investigations a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of commercial law, and in particular of all key aspects of the distribution of biopharmaceutical products and/or medical devices
- Relevant experience working in or dealing with emerging markets
- People management experience
- Native or full professional fluency in English
Your Personal Qualifications:
- You have a strong commercial orientation and are a collaborative partner, capable of fully understanding the motivations and business objectives driving commercial activities.
- You bring good judgment and maturity, are capable of assessing and advising internal clients on legal risks and proposing successful solutions, knowing when to raise matters, and are able to take a stand in the interests of the corporation.
- We are searching for a self-aware person who can prioritize and delegate work effectively, successfully manage client expectations, knows his or her own limits, and can work well in cross-functional teams with a wide variety of personalities, particularly in emerging markets and otherwise unfamiliar environments.
- You are a dedicated “self-starter” who is results-oriented and capable of taking the lead on projects to drive clear and timely outcomes and is ethical and respectful of others.
Are you keen on contributing to improve patients' lives? Does this sound like the perfect next step in your career? If you can answer both questions with yes, please submit your application online. We are looking forward to it.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients..
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.