Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, US Value & Access Operations
at Amgen Inc.
Career CategoryValue and Access
As a member of the US Value & Access team, the Access & Reimbursement Operations Senior Manager is responsible for delivering access and reimbursement patient support services with high quality standards for our Aimovig patients and HCPs. The Senior Manager is a strategic partner to our brand and access teams, with primary responsibilities including but not limited to operational functions and/or vendor services and for providing valued consultation to the business regarding service options, innovation and costs. This role is highly cross-functional and requires a high degree of independent judgement, strategic thinking, independence and collaboration across collaboration partners, business functions and our channel teams.
- Lead vendor relationships with patient support services partners, including a continuous search for new innovative partners that will help Amgen lead in delivering high patient satisfaction
- Provides guidance to brand and RAV functions on services, service enhancements, and the costs of approaches
- Collaborate with Access Marketing and selected Access and Reimbursement partners to ensure execution of services meets Amgen stated business objectives
- Identify opportunities to advance Amgen US Value and Access strategies, whether they be process or automation enhancements that enhance services and/or reduce costs. Accountable for strategic planning for the future (i.e. Evaluating automation efforts, Patient benefit calls, next injection reminders, medical policy communication, field reimbursement coordination, and future potential products)
- Ensure all work products meet Amgen legal, regulatory, and compliance standards
- Coordinate with the Global Strategic Sourcing organization and Access Marketing to lead vendor selection processes, and develop, negotiate, and implement win-win contractual relationships
- Provide guidance to budgeting process and to report on performance to budget
- Work with the field to address any questions or concerns related to patient support services, and optimize core field reporting or provider resources (portals, etc.)
- Provide key indicator reporting on the effectiveness of partners and drive/participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience, OR
- Master’s degree & 6 years of directly related experience, OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 8 years of directly related experience, OR
- Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience , OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience, AND
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Access and Reimbursement experience from a program development, marketing, sales, operations standpoint
- Patient support services experience and knowledge of the space from having worked in the healthcare technology space or for other healthcare patient services related companies
- Call center or reimbursement hub management experience preferred - within pharma or consumer industries
- Consulting skill-set a plus including strategic thinking, project planning, presentation skills, PPT, Excel
- Process management experience in order to build greater efficiencies and optimize programs
- Program innovation and continuous mind-set in order to deliver the best experience to our customers
- Strong analytic experience, including basic financial modeling and Microsoft Excel skills with attention to detail
- Strong project management skills to track complex projects thru completion on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills – strong spoken and written communication skills to translate Amgen business requirements into operational programs at a partner operation, and ability to effectively navigate to win-win agreements across diverse internal and external partner groups
- Leadership skills – ability to provide direction, strategy, and coaching to assigned operations managers
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.