Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Economics Analyst
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Accounting and Finance
- Location : Location
- US-CA-Lake Forest
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Medical Economics Analyst determines past and future profitability for Apria payors and products. Also collaborates with team to help determine best practices, as well as performs ad hoc reporting and analytics. An ideal candidate is highly motivated, problem solver with good technical skills, excellent communication skills and is expected to work independently and/or with other associates in the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with analyses and profitability determination of contracts, business and billing rules
- Perform utilization analyses for accounts, payor types and products
- Understanding of Apria's business concepts, practices, and procedures and their impact on profitability
- Maintain historical versions of models and completed analytics
- Generate reports as requested using departmental databases
- Ad hoc reporting and analytics
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required
- One year of relatable business experience in either a Managed Care Organization (or a provider organization that works extensively with Managed Care Organizations), or comparable industry, is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Should have passion to learn and work with multiple databases and build models to perform complex analyses
- Great problem solving skills
- High sense of ownership & customer service both internally and externally
- Natural curiosity and motivation to dig into the details
- Good communication skills
- Moderate or better skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word, SQL
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- College level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet