Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales - Hospital Account Manager
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Sales Field
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This position is responsible for selling and servicing all Apria products and services at their assigned medical groups and hospitals. The Hospital Account Manager works closely with branch staff and the Customer Care Center to focus efforts on increasing sales. This position collects documents required for billing based on Apria policy, coordinates patient orders and set-ups with the branch and troubleshoots and resolves issues in order to ensure a positive customer service experience for their assigned accounts. The Hospital Account Manager is also responsible for meeting revenue and profitability goals for their assigned territory. This position will work with the Branch Manager and Market Leader to develop and execute specific strategies to achieve these sales, customer satisfaction and profitability goals.
- Conducts daily sales calls to high potential case managers, doctors and other sales targets in assigned accounts as determined by Branch Manager and/or Market Leader.
- Creates and maintains call plans to qualify new and maintain existing referrals to grow the business.
- Enters call plan and outcomes into the “Sales Management System” (SMS).
- Partners with the Branch Manager and/or Market Leader to review call plan to achieve strategic goals.
- Takes and processes patient orders, collecting all documents required for billing based on company policy and forwarding orders to appropriate branch for delivery from on-site account facility.
- Sets-up and delivers hospital in-services on products and services.
- Effectively works and coordinates timely discharges with Customer Care Center and/or Branch Customer Service Team.
- Instructs patients on equipment use before hospital discharge.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving and following up on customer concerns.
- Partners with branch management and staff as well as other functional areas within the company to drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare guidelines around private insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information to referral sources.
- Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts ensuring information is sent to suspended billing.
- Responsible for ensuring billing documentation is complete and accurate.
- Assigned to multiple locations and travels from location to location.
- Does not have a desk at any hospital.
- Must spend at least 80% of time in selling activities and/or incidental patient set-ups. (CA employees only: must spend at least 50% in selling activities, excluding patient set-ups).
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A four year college degree is required.
- Must have experience in one of the following: military service, prior leadership in athletic, academic or voluntary service activities.
- Must be highly motivated, flexible, and service-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation requirements determined for use of Apria vehicles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development.
- Geographically located within the assigned territory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be considered for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires occasional sitting with constant standing, walking, and regularly kneeling, and stooping.
- The position requires the constant use of hands to write, use computers, and manipulate papers.
- The position requires constant talking and hearing.
- The position requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet