Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, R&D Nutrition
- # of Openings
- Research and Development
The Manager, R&D-Nutrition will oversee process development and execution for the R&D team within our Nutrition category helping to establish and maintain industry best practices.
On our team you will continue moving our organization to even larger levels of innovation and new product development.
- Manages the R&D team, driving and leading concept research in collaboration with the Marketing team
- Guides management of department projects through third-party manufacturers to develop viable products through formulation, production, and post-market quality assurance.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to Arbonne policies and ingredient requirements, FDA cGMPs for food and dietary supplements, and other global regulations.
- Creates new products and leads establishment of product specifications and leads development of all new products in support of product positioning and competitiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Works in collaboration with Procurement/Supply Chain leaders to creates and maintain strong partnerships with best in class raw material manufacturers, flavor houses, and other third-party manufacturers.
- Manage product development and formulation using internal and external resources, timelines and deadlines.
- Works with marketing and cross-functional teams to ensure timely and proactive commercial delivery of all products and discovery activities in alignment with strategic vision and launch plan.
- Establishes and refines processes that will speed the product development process and provide continuous improvement to product quality.
- Develops programs, in collaboration with external partners for new ingredients and delivers improved solutions against identified unmet consumer needs and global trends.
- Works with Regulatory and Legal team-leaders to establish scientific and marketing-supportive product claims substantiation.
- Create and maintain documentation to support product efficacy, dosage and safety rationales and product claims development using the latest up to date scientific and technical information.
- Ensure integration of claims and marketing story into development of new products; inclusion of active ingredients that will support planned marketing story.
- Works closely with Marketing team on consumer insights to effectively understand consumer needs and translates needs into working technology models of success.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with external scientific experts, key opinion leaders, suppliers and trade organizations.
- Build R&D team and works to elevate the scientific capabilities of the organization.
- Explore current nutrition certification trends and alternatives to help support Arbonne Marketing.
- Keep abreast of industry issues and trends around Certification and consumer trend areas.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- 10+ years nutraceutical industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, or related science degree. Advanced degree in nutrition or medical science. Integrative MD or ND highly desired.
- Expertise in vitamins/minerals, nutritional supplements, botanicals, and functional foods.
- Expertise in product development experience in the commercial development of new consumer health or nutritional products or technologies.
- Experience with Ithos, Agile and/or Oracle systems preferred
- Experience in successfully interacting with external experts to drive research programs and identify technology trends
- Must be able to research, interpret and report on subject matter to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to synthesize business needs and concepts into a cohesive Product Development Strategy
- Proven Leadership, Communication and Collaboration skills.
- Identify and facilitate scientific evolution to better meet business needs
- Strong business and analytical skills, financial acumen
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to manage and organize numerous projects.
- Extremely comfortable in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Thank you for visiting the Arbonne Career Site! As you can see, we are actively seeking amazing talent to join our growing team of dedicated professionals across various areas of the business.
From Creative, Customer Service and Events — to IT, Operations, Product Marketing and much more — we proudly employ hundreds of dynamic, enthusiastic and positive people who work to make a difference every day. Our mission is to transform lives through pure, botanically based ingredients in scientifically tested products; a pure, healthy lifestyle; and the pure joy of helping others. We believe in the power of our people and our products to transform your life, and in turn, the lives of others. This is at the heart of what we do and who we are at Arbonne.
If you did not find a current listing for a role that might suit you, we hope you will take a moment and upload your resume for us to keep on file in consideration for future job openings. We will then add you to our email database and automatically keep you informed about new positions and related updates. We would love to stay in touch!
Founded in Switzerland in 1975, and brought to the U.S. in 1980, Arbonne International creates personal care and wellness products crafted with premium botanical ingredients and innovative scientific discovery. Arbonne’s personal care and nutrition formulas are vegan certified, cruelty-free, formulated without gluten, dermatologist–tested and adhere to a strict Ingredient Policy. Arbonne products are available at arbonne.com or through an extensive network of Arbonne Independent Consultants in 7 countries: U.S., Canada, Australia, Poland, New Zealand, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Arbonne is a privately held company headquartered in Irvine, California.