Arrowhead Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Service Representative 1
at Arrowhead Credit Union
Job Title: Branch Service Representative I Department: Branch
Supervisory Role: No FLSA: Non-Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Branch Service Supervisor
Provides exceptional member service with Members while performing monetary financial transactions. Maintains good Member relations by discovering needs and providing solutions for Members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Uses Service Standards in every work-related encounter.
- Provides exceptional member service.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and examines checks for authenticity endorsements.
- Cashes checks after verifying endorsement, proper identification and ensure validity and members balance(s).
- Enters members’ transactions into computer to record accurate transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
- Examines checks deposited and determines proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and completes hold notices.
- Balances drawer daily including currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on the computer screen.
- Asks questions to discover Member needs and provide solutions to Members through products and services.
- Answers basic Member inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations, and consumer privacy policies.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Maintains a working knowledge and complies with all BSA laws/regulations applicable to area of responsibility.
- Other duties as required to achieve the goals of the branch and the credit union.
Positions directly supervised
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies to Perform this Position
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Member focus.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months similar or related experience and/or training. Customer service experience.
Ability to communicate and understand written and oral language and the ability to effectively present information.
Ability to perform basic math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to use office equipment such a personal computer and calculator. Must be able to type proficiently. Ability to be bonded. Able to be punctual and have regular attendance. Ability to accurately handle cash.
The position operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. They are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to do the following:
- Intermittent standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and neck flexing.
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below shoulder height.
- Repetitive motion - frequent keyboarding and mouse usage requiring the fingers to make small movements and the use of hands and wrists.
- Simple grasping by using fingers and palm on an object.
- Manual dexterity.
- Carrying - transporting an object, usually by hand. The ability to carry and lift files and coin up to 10 pounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (909) 379-6643.