Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Electrical Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world's most prominent and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 15,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
Our Los Angeles office is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Buildings Engineer with design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, courts, museums, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Design electrical systems for various building types
- Prepare basis of design report for the project
- Prepare load calculations for different stages of design
- Prepare single line diagrams for the power distribution system
- Design lighting control systems
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering with knowledge of electrical design as they relate to building systems.
- Experience on projects within the United States
- Knowledge of US building and electrical codes
- 8-12 years of related experience
- Experience with 3D BIM / CAD software such AutoCAD MEP or Revit MEP
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- PE is a must
- Healthcare experience is a plus
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.