ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ATI Specialty Materials
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector for our Irvine facility. This position inspects and produces layout reports for machined parts by setting up and operating Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) as well as assists in determining reasons for dimension deviations.
* Read and interpret blueprints
* Set up, operate , and program CMM using PC-DMIS
* Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on CMM using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
* Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures
* Layout work pieces, and generate CMM report for first piece and dimensional checks
* Data entry for layout work pieces
* Identify and handle non-conforming products
* Identify visual defects on inspected work pieces
* Working with engineers and operators to discuss any machining issues
* Ensure production line, gauges and measuring devices are working correctly
* Maintain calibration activities for the plant
* Assist production leads in training team members to perform various inspections on the production floor
* Must be un-biased in approach to inspection results
* Following and understanding work instructions
* Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized. Ensure 5-S is adhered to properly
* Other activities as needed assigned by management
* Have 0-2 years of experience with operating CMM using PC-DMIS ; programming experience is a plus
* Ability to read and interpret basic GD&T
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and CMM report
* Must be able to properly use quality gages, Micrometers, calipers, height gauges, indicators, etc.
* Ability to identify and make quality determination for visual defects
* Experience with MS Office applications such as Access, Excel and Word.
* Must be a team player and work well with others in process development, corrective action and problem solving.
* Bilingual in Vietnamese