Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Atlas Air
Job Reference #: 1949
Posted Date11 months ago(6/22/2018 3:22 PM)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Technical Operations
- Los Angeles
- Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of line maintenance at their assigned station(s).
- Supervises Technical Representative(s), and/or Line Maintenance Supervisor(s) as assigned.
- Coordinates personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance in their station / geographic area as assigned.
- Ensures personnel under their supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
- Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
- Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
- Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Provides resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations.
- Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
- Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
- Responsible for ensuring timely return of correct and accurate aircraft maintenance log pages to HDQ.
- Coordinates with MCC for maintenance and aircraft status information.
- Monitors mechanical problems, Aircraft and Popwerplant performance. Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
- Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
- Maintains communication with Regional Manager to ensure cost effective application.
- Ensures timely entry of log page discrepancies and parts changes in TRAX.
- Ensures personnel in their assigned station(s) / geographic areas are versed in the use of the TRAX system.
- Monitors line station spare engine status and engine change kits.
- Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
- Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
- Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
- Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
- Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
- Develops and manages station(s) / geographic area budget(s).
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Must maintain Atlas Air qualification and authorization for Airworthiness Release.
- Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide body aircraft preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.