Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BT-1688 Quality Assurance Engineer-Optical Metrology
at Bastion Technologies
- JPL - California
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- Full Time
Quality Assurance Engineer assigned to the optical alignment and metrology sub-team within the Hardware Quality Assurance Project Leads Group.
- Design, propose, and implement optical alignment solutions and methods for complex flight project needs.
- Apply advanced optical metrology principles to independently conceive plans to solve difficult alignment problems that are multifaceted and cross-disciplinary in nature.
- Develop test documentation and compose test plans that meet project requirements and work with cross-functional teams to plan work flow.
- Provide alignment, mapping and measurement services to a variety of customers, help multi-discipline teams solve complex problems, and report results verbally and in writing.
- Analyze measured data to help engineering teams to verify final system requirements, ensure the integrity of data, and provide services across multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining both project schedules and measurement dependability.
- Apply advanced knowledge in field to review engineering drawings and plans, explain and negotiate measurement approaches and work to established plans and schedules.
- Identify subtle alignment issues early, address them quickly, and provide constructive feedback and recommendations on plans developed by others.
- Real-time risk assessment by using engineering judgment. Call a Halt/Stop to work when risks are deemed to be unacceptable during fabrication, integration, and/or test.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 12 Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Advanced knowledge in Optical Metrology and Alignment, Spatial Analyzer experience, along with one or more of the following areas: Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Dimensional Inspection techniques, Quality Engineering, Configuration Management, or Manufacturing processes.
- Ability to evaluate and understand the special challenges and nuances of 3D alignment equipment and making precision measurements on spacecraft, support and test equipment, facilities, and other associated aerospace hardware.
- An understanding of calibration and measurement errors, and their impacts on results is critical.
- Experience in a large aerospace company desired.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and standards in design, engineering, fabrication, integration, test and launch of space-flight hardware.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical hardware assurance methods (inspection, test, analysis). Advanced experience using Spatial Analyzer software, using theodolites, laser trackers, portable coordinate measuring scan arms, with the ability to effectively interpret measurement results.
Other Desired Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional reams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
- Excellent computer skills, including and use of computer-aided engineering tools.
- Top Secret Clearance desired
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO