Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Card Sales Officer Sr
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- Site Name
- CA-IRVINE-IRVINE LPO
- COMMERCIAL BANKING
- Work Location
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
The Commercial Card Sales Officer will develop an individual business plan, consistent with the bank's Commercial Card products, services and credit standards to target companies with likely needs in a designated geography. He/she will execute the business plan by independently prospecting and making calls on target companies with sales from $100 million to $2 billion that may or may not have an existing relationship with the bank. They will also identify the customer's payment needs and matches BBVA Compass's capabilities to compete effectively in the Large Corporate Market to include structures, proposes and negotiates terms, pricing and services within broad guidelines. The position requires strong strategic selling and analytical skills.
Additionally, they will partner with the Commercial Card Operations and Technical Implementation Managers to develop detailed implementation project plans for technical sales and full achievement of the Bank's most technical and complex Commercial Card product and services.
- Drive all elements of the Commercial Card sales cycle including business development, independent prospect qualification, value proposition, needs analysis, client presentations, technology demonstrations, proposal development/RFP responses, pricing strategies, contract execution, close of sale, and implementation in order to achieve and exceed revenue growth goals as defined in the annual performance plan.
- Engage in strategic and ROI based selling of product solutions to the clients and exceed new business revenue goals for the products supported.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and grow a pipeline, consistently moving deals from initial qualification to close of sale.
- Facilitates the credit approval process by working with the Underwriting organization to obtain all necessary financial and legal documentation necessary.
- Lead the deal support team for RFP responses and customized pricing as needed.
- Identify potential beta clients based on product-specific criteria.
- Partner with Technical Implementation Manager and/or Implementation Coordinators during technical implementations. Participate in project plan development; pre-sale mediation between vendor and client to ensure seamless integration for technical product(s). Responsible for coordinating technical, complex customer service and delivery requirement details with multiple bank operations units and vendors. Insure delivery of complete and timely information to applicable areas.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop specific product growth strategies and implement a discovery plan / process to be used by market TMOs to secure the targeted business.
- Participate in relationship growth and retention discussions for existing customer portfolio. Actions include periodic client reviews and regular retention calling efforts.
- Provide insight and document new industry usage opportunities, sales best practices, competitive information and market intelligence.
- Assume an industry leadership role by speaking at industry conferences.
- Provide leadership on client-requested changes to the agreement and application, working as liaison with Product Management and Legal on modifications.
- Assess and communicate additional product functionality and identify gaps within the existing product. Engage the Product Managers to share product knowledge and provide feedback based on client’s buying behaviors to prioritize requirements and enhancements.
- Lead special projects as assigned. Team with Product Management, Operations and other members of the sales team on special projects.
- Support and provide input to Product Management in the launch of new product and/or product enhancements.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of marketing materials, sales presentations and RFP responses in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Increase bank revenue achievement rate for specified technical products.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or closely related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years progressive sales, management and/or product experience dealing with Commercial Card, Treasury Management and banking solutions.
- A detailed understanding and demonstrated experience in technical product/solution sales and/or product management/support strongly preferred. Ability to develop and articulate financial benefits of the solution.
- Proven track record of meeting assigned goals.
- Professional level of written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to sell at executive levels within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial, self driven and strong ability to independently prioritize and organize responsibilities, both short and long term.
- 50% travel required.