Best Friends Animal Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Best Friends Animal Society
- 552- Los Angeles Clinic
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Relief Veterinarian will perform high volume spay/neuter surgeries and oversee medical needs of the Adoption Center animals.
- Perform high-volume spay/neuter surgeries
- Oversee vaccine clinics
- Provide quality care to the dogs and cats in the Mission Hills Adoption Center
- Promote ongoing development of medical care through continued education
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to technical support staff to ensure proper care and comfort of hospitalized patients
- Stay abreast of veterinary concerns and trends in the animal welfare movement
Experience & Requirements:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) or equivalent required
- Work experience preferred, but new graduates will be considered for the position
- Passion for shelter medicine.
- License in good standing with California State Veterinary Board
- License or application for license with Drug Enforcement Agency. If not currently licensed, must obtain license within agreed upon time frame to maintain employment
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy
- Able to perform an average of 35 surgeries per day
- Able to maintain clear communication with internal staff on all levels. Proven written and verbal presentation skills
- Interest in continuing veterinary education and exploration of new technologies and treatment modalities
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues
- Work requires continual attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated good working habits in an environment that requires multitasking and multiple demands on time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work requiring concentration and manual dexterity
- Lifting dogs and cats of all sizes, bending, stooping and walking on a daily basis
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.