Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet and Event Sales Manager-El Segundo, CA
at Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
In 1998, restaurateurs Paul Fleming and Bill Allen opened the first Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar in Newport Beach, California. They created a new kind of steakhouse, one with an atmosphere that was stylish, lively and inviting — an inspired, contemporary evolution of an American classic.
From the beginning, Fleming’s has always featured the very finest aged prime beef and fresh seafood with service that is both gracious and indulgent. Our award-winning Fleming’s 100™, offering 100 premium wines served by the glass, is an industry benchmark. With a menu featuring Small Plates, generous sides, decadent desserts and an innovative Bar Menu, Fleming’s has raised the standard of steakhouse dining to a whole new level.
Our promise at Fleming’s is to make every guest visit a memorable celebration of exceptional food, wine and personalized service.
At Fleming’s, we are committed to celebrating the diversity that has always been one of the core strengths of our business. We thrive from the special kind of energy that comes when talented Associates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives achieve success by working hard, working smart and working together in the spirit of Fleming’s high standards of excellence.
- Actively solicits new business outside of the restaurant to promote private dining sales on a daily basis while facilitating proper execution of all private dining events to ensure client’s expectations are met and the events run smoothly and efficiently with Perfect Execution.
- Negotiates and prepares event agreements and contracts with clients for all events booked using established guidelines. Reiterates to clients in agreements the events specifics to ensure accurate communication.
- Actively managing and yielding room minimums to ensure a strong revenue management strategy is being actively executed within the 4 walls.
- Advises and makes recommendations to clients on menu selections, beverage selections, room assignments, design and set-up. Arranges for all related amenities with outside vendors such as flowers, music, equipment rentals and audio/visual equipment.
- Follow up with client to assure quality of event, solicit next event and source referrals.
- Tracks weekly booking pace and sales to continually develop strategies to improve private dining revenue to ensure monthly sales targets are met.
- Interacts with Management Team on event dates and times, menu development, food set-up and displays for events to ensure the highest quality of food production, standards, presentation and service.
- Partners with Operating/Managing Partner and Chef Partner to strategically increase private dining revenue through grassroots marketing efforts.
- Proactively acts as the restaurant’s Brand Ambassador outside of the four walls by attending networking functions, association meetings, conventions, local business and community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and hospitality group sales experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prior sales/event planning experience preferred
- Client management software experience preferred
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to provide superior hospitality to our guests
- Proven ability to make sound, decisive decisions
- Strong planning and organizing abilities
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
Bloomin’ Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.