Center for Discovery Careers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Center for Discovery Careers
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Overnight Part-Time
About Center For Discovery
Center For Discovery has a 20-year legacy of transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our clients and their families. We are a national leader in behavioral healthcare and offer world-class treatment for eating disorders, mental health and substance abuse conditions. We serve adolescents and adults in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve.
Benefits of Working at Center For Discovery
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
Additional benefits include:
- Modern, home-like office space
- Team-building exercises and activities
- Family-style meals provided
Your workplace is in a beautiful home in a nice residential neighborhood, with bedrooms, kitchen, living rooms and more (for a virtual tour please visit our website at CenterForDiscovery.com). Treatment in this home setting allows our clients to feel comfortable in familiar surroundings and provides greater transferability and internalization of the treatment experience for when returning home. Generally, we accommodate no more than six clients at a time to optimize individualized treatment plans and provide a high staff-to-client ratio.
This is a part-time overnight position and hours are dependent upon census and scheduling needs of the program. The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The LVN/LPN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The LVN/LPN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
- Completing H&P upon admission for each client
- Developing and initiating the Nursing Care Plan
- Facilitating therapeutic groups
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Availability for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within a ten-minute time frame
- Administering medication as prescribed
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems as needed
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Consulting with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions
- Meeting with each client, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Program Director and Facility
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude