Child Care Resource Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities & Maintenance Specialist
at Child Care Resource Center
Facilities & Maintenance Specialist
Work where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family, and community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission’s success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 800 people strong and growing!
You could play a key role supporting the facilities department located at our Victorville facility
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Within the team structure, The Facilities Specialist I is expected to meet specified timelines and deadline while providing operational and project support/assistance within the Facilities Department:
- Receiving shipments, verify receiving and receipt of paperwork, noting any discrepancies. Organize priority inventory and receive such inventory in an accurate and timely manner. Unpack, count and store inventory in appropriate containers; label, date, and receive items. Report all receiving issues and information to appropriate department personnel and purchasing department to avoid delays and quality failures. Ensure that all receiving documents and receiving logs are easily accessible and maintained at all times. Work and communicate in a professional manner with both internal and external personnel.
- May operate dolly, and/ or pallet jack, assist in loading and unloading supplies and equipment. May shrink-wrap pallets.
- Ensure a smooth and consistent operation, so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an efficient and timely manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Verify and keep accurate, detailed records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Resolve discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiving reports. Monitor the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
Mail Processing (20%)
- Process incoming and outgoing mail; May require pick up and/ or delivery to post office or satellite CCRC offices. Sort and organize mail by department. Deliver to corresponding mail station and/or individual.
- Process incoming/ outgoing packages received by courier service. Coordinate/ investigate any delivery issues with courier service vendor.
- Regularly inventory mailing supplies and replenish (order) as needed.
- Efficient operation of mail service equipment (postage meter, letter opener, folder/inserter).
- Clean and adjust mail service equipment as needed.
- Track and maintain department mail logs. Generate monthly reports of mail usage.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Ensure adherence to all corporate, contractual, ethics and safety standards, policies and procedures, including professional behavior, attendance and dress code.
Conference Room Liaison (15%)
- Act as conference room liaison, coordinate reservations, set up/break down of furniture, audio visual, and general meeting room supplies.
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest’s requests. Communicate last minute changes to FAC staff, and ensure satisfactory follow-up.
- Understands and responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, to ensure consistent service.
- Full understanding and utilization of meeting scheduling application, Resource Central.
- Timely response and/ or coordination of meeting requests.
- Communicate operational challenges to the Facilities Supervisor in timely manner.
- Communicate closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Contacts guests within the specified time to extract details and provide professional guidance where needed during the planning stages.
- Inspect all meeting rooms prior to the start of each event as well as at the end. All meeting décor must be removed prior to the start of next meeting.
General Facilities Support 30%
- Participate as a member of the emergency response team. Participate in routine drills and willing to be an Emergency Staff Member with specific roles in critical incidents.
- Assist with interoffice moves, including relocation of furniture, boxes, and supplies as well as relocation and installation of keyboard trays, display boards, pictures, etc.
- Support the Facilities supervisor in lease improvement planning by researching local trade vendors, conducting vendor walk thru and obtaining quotes.
- Observe and respond to general office safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action and report potentially unsafe conditions. Participate in safety inspections at various facilities as needed.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Ensure that office equipment is operational and properly maintained; trouble-shoot and follow up on problems as needed.
- Respond to building occupants on trouble calls.
- Assist with Facilities work order requests.
- Data entry such as check request completions.
Site Specific Responsibilities 25%
- Day Porter duties, including but not limited to; Restock breakroom/ restroom supplies, maintain inventory of all consumable supplies, Clean up spills, wipe all surfaces as needed, including counters (i.e. kitchen, bathroom), tables, chairs, microwaves and/ or refrigerators, empty trash containers as needed and respond to emergency requests.
- Perform cross functional tasks as requested by management such as relocation of computer peripheral and/or audio video equipment, assist in fulfilling print production requests.
Additional Tasks and Projects That Could Be Assigned
- Travel to all sites (Antelope Valley, San Bernardino, Chatsworth, and Victorville) as needed for Facilities support.
- Provide coverage as needed in Palmdale, Victorville, San Bernardino, Chatsworth locations. May include conference room set ups, parking liaison, etc.
- Participate in departmental, agency and professional meetings and workgroups, as assigned.
- Provide general clerical support and data entry services.
- Performs other special projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager
- All other duties as assigned.