Chino Valley Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chino Valley Unified School District
REPORTS TO: Principal FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
- Assists teachers with curriculum planning, supervision, and teaching of children in a classroom setting; assists in presenting and reinforcing learning concepts.
- This is a subsitute on-call position. There are not guaranteed number of hours.
- This position is not eligible for District provided employee benefits.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the teacher to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Assists the teacher in planning and preparation for daily activities; aids instructional efforts of the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in preparing lesson outlines, plans, and curricula in assigned areas.
- Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids for use in classroom, including activity sheets, drawings, and similar handouts.
- Presents subject matter to children under the guidance of a teacher, utilizing a variety of methods including stories, discussions, and role-playing.
- Assists children individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- May lead, guide, and train staff, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Child supervision skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an Associate’s degree or greater or 60+ semester hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through the passage of a formal state approved assessment listed below within 90 days of hire:
- Para Pro Assessment
- First Aid and CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
q Work Environment involves no physical risks or hazardous conditions
þ Work environment involves slight physical risks that require basic safety precautions (safety glasses, lab coats, rubber gloves etc.)
q Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following detailed safety precautions (such as wearing respirators, handling hazardous materials, and working with industrial machinery.)
Rarely Occasionally Routinely Often
(0-5%) (6-25%) (26-75%) (over 75%)
Sitting _____ __X__ _____ _____
Standing _____ _____ __X__ _____
Bending/Stooping _____ __X__ _____ _____
Crawling/Kneeling __X__ _____ _____ _____
Climbing __X__ _____ _____ _____
Pushing/Pulling __X__ _____ _____ _____
Lifting (Under 10 lbs.) __X__ _____ _____ _____
Lifting (10 Lbs. Or more) _____ __X__ _____ _____
Carrying (Under 10 lbs.) __X__ _____ _____ _____
Carrying (10 lbs. or more) _____ __X__ _____ _____
Reading documents for
general understanding __X__ _____ _____ _____
Reading Documents for
analytical purposes or high
degree of accuracy _____ __X__ _____ _____
Viewing Video Terminals _____ __X__ _____ _____
Other (Describe below) _____ _____ _____ _____
Describe “Other”: ______________________________________________________
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 30, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)