Chino Valley Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chino Valley Unified School District
This is an anticipated opening that starts with the 2019-2020 school year.
TITLE: Custodian STATE CODE: 024
REPORTS TO: Custodial/Maintenance Supervisor FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
- This position involves the performance of manual labor, primarily in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans district offices, classrooms, sidewalks and other areas; sweeps, dusts, mops, vacuums, waxes and polishes floors.
- Reports safety hazards and need for repairs.
- Performs some ground duties such as mowing, trimming, planting and watering.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to do considerable physical activities in varied areas
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to climb and work at ladder heights not greater than 30’.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- One-year experience in custodial settings.
- Work Environment involves no physical risks or hazardous conditions
- Work environment involves slight physical risks that require basic safety precautions (safety glasses, lab coats, rubber gloves etc.)
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following detailed safety precautions (such as wearing respirators, handling hazardous materials, and working with industrial machinery.)
Lifting (Under 10 lbs.)
Lifting (10 Lbs. Or more)
Carrying (Under 10 lbs.)
Carrying (10 lbs. or more)
Reading documents for
Reading Documents for
analytical purposes or high
degree of accuracy
Viewing Video Terminals
Other (Describe below)
Describe “Other”: Walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
Employee Signature Date
Job Contact Information
Monday, April 29, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)