City of Pasadena (CA)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Site Coordinator (Inclusion Services)
at City of Pasadena (CA)
- The City of Pasadena Human Services and Recreation Department is seeking a Recreation Site Coordinator who will be responsible for administering inclusion services for various recreation programs. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week position.
The ideal candidate will possess recent experience supervising adaptive recreation and developing and implementing inclusion strategies that will support the needs of youth and adults with disabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to add significant value to the City's adaptive recreation and inclusion services through creative programming, effective supervision, leadership, and the enrichment of others.
- Essential Functions
The major responsibilities of this position are listed below. For more detailed information, please review the job description.
- Promotes, organizes, and supervises the delivery of inclusive recreation program experiences for participants with disabilities.
- Provides assistance to participants with physical, developmental, or emotional disabilities as they integrate into general recreation activities.
- Assesses the needs and communicates with caregivers, instructors, and staff regarding the needs of the participant.
- Conducts site visits and consults with recreation program staff, participants, and caregivers for inclusion techniques and strategies.
- Plans class activities, coordinates excursions, and makes adaptations to ensure participant's successful inclusion into recreational programming.
- Enforces rules in a clear and positive manner.
- Collects, reviews, and responds to weekly Inclusion Services reports.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises the work of staff.
- Provides staff training and support in response to specific needs that arise during the provision of Inclusion Services.
- Reviews and updates Inclusion Services information and registration forms.
- Organizes and conducts special activities or events as assigned.
- Keeps up-to-date with technology and emerging trends related to inclusion services for participants with disabilities.
- Qualification Guidelines
The following list represents the core competencies needed for success in this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional Impact - Presenting self as a positive representative of the organization.
- Actions & Results Focus - Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment.
- Leadership - Guiding and encouraging others to accomplish a common goal.
- Innovation - Imagining and devising new and improved ways of accomplishing things.
- Self-Management - Showing personal organization, self-discipline, and dependability.
- Customer Focus - Attending to the needs and expectations of customers.
- Adaptability - Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. independently, as needed.
- A minimum of two years of recent experience in supervising recreation activities and implementing inclusion strategies for youth and adults with disabilities.
- Experience developing behavior management plans for youth with disabilities is highly desirable.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of training and experience and the most highly qualified candidates may be invited to participate in a written, oral and/or performance examination.
There is currently one vacancy in the Recreation Program of the Human Services and Recreation Department. Candidates selected for this position are subject to a one year probationary work period.
The resulting eligibility list from this recruitment may be used to fill this vacancy and similar vacancies in the future. This is a part-time 20 hour per week position.
- Special Requirements
- A valid Class C California Driver's License is required at time of appointment.