City of Santa Ana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Maintenance Worker (Park Services)
at City of Santa Ana
Pay: $17.18 to $20.87/hour
$17.18 - $20.87
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2477770
Overall Job Objective
- The City of Santa Ana is looking for individuals who are results-oriented, possess great attitudes, demonstrate creativity and innovation, work efficiently, show a record of success and have a PASSION for public service. Having the best employees provides the best service to the community.
This is a part-time position. The incumbent will work up to 20 hours per week. Work schedule is to be determined. There are currently five vacancies in the Park Services division but this number is subject to change. This recruitment is open until further notice and can close at any time and without notice. Bilingual pay is an additional $1.01/hr, if applicable.
- Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
- Assists Park Services employees at park facilities and properties by performing skilled construction and maintenance work. The improvements, repairs, or park services duties may include, but are not limited to the following: plumbing, heating and air conditioning, metal fabrication, carpentry, electrical, masonry, tile setting, horticulture, arboriculture, irrigation system programming/repair/auditing, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Assists Park Services employees by overseeing weekend operations, which may include reviewing or coordinating timely completion of duties performed by other part-time employees. Digs and backfills ditches and trenches. Lifts, moves and carries heavy objects weighing up to 95 pounds. Tools and equipment that may be used include, but are not limited to: power saws, sewer augers, welding equipment, test gauges, GPS/computer tablets, survey equipment, and other power equipment and tools. May operate small equipment such as backhoes, tractors, and air compressor powered equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess and retain a California Class "C" Driver's License as a condition of employment; education and experience equivalent to high school graduation.
- One year of laboring or related experience assisting with construction, maintenance and repair involving plumbing, irrigation, aquatics, masonry, electrical, painting, air conditioning and heating (HVAC), horticulture, arboriculture, IPM and/or carpentry work and basic to intermediate skill in using a personal computer and software programs. One year of related experience in a lead capacity is highly desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Knowledge of: personal computers, including current office software applications and Windows operating system; general landscape and facility maintenance safety and procedures.
Ability to: work in a team environment and provide quality internal customer support to end-users; understand and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; use correct grammar and spelling; use telephone, copier and computers; be well-organized and pay attention to detail; exercise good judgment; work in a public setting; communicate effectively to the general public and be courteous and professional when dealing with others; perform job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
Special Requirement: Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull items weighing up to 95 lbs.
Special Working Condition: Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as needed, as a condition of employment.
- Selection Process
- All applicants are required to complete and submit a City application form online, which includes a supplemental questionnaire. Resumes or faxed copies will not be accepted in lieu of an original application.To apply, click on the "Apply" link located at the top of this page. New users must create an account first. Click on this link for instructions on how to set up your account and apply for the first time: Online Employment Application Guide.The Human Resources and Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Agency will review all applications and those candidates who possess the most pertinent qualifications may be invited for an oral interview by the hiring agency. If you have any questions about the duties or work schedule, please call Ron Ono at 714-571-4220.NOTE: Prior to appointment, a background records check and medical exam will be conducted.
The City of Santa Ana is an equal opportunity employer. If you consider yourself a person with a disability, you may contact us regarding providing reasonable accommodation.