Compass Airlines, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stores Clerk - LAX
at Compass Airlines, LLC
Compass Airlines is seeking a Stores Clerk to join our team at our Los Angeles, CA location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
- US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Capable and willing to operate forklifts and hand trucks which will be used for moving heavy objects over 75 pounds
- Logistics and materials experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments.
- Capable of coordinating multiple requests in an organized and urgent manner.
- Knowledge of preservation procedures and shipping guideline of hazardous materials.
- Repetitive and continual physical work which involves moving and lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) is required as well as the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for properly receiving, binning, issuing, and shipping materials in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of materials to various locations.
- Maintain an accurate and controlled inventory with the assistance of the Computer Based Tracking System.
- Coordinate with Planning and Programs to determine material availability and scheduling requirements.
- Will include alternative work schedules, including night, weekend and holiday schedules.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned per the Company’s Materials Management Manual and the Manager, Logistics and Materials.
- Travel required 20%
- This is an SMS safety related position who has the responsibility for making appropriate risk assessments and decision making to achieve acceptable levels of Safety.
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.