Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
at CoStar Group
What qualities we are looking for?
- An individual with a sense of ownership and pride in his performance and its impact on company’s success and can work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple software products and brands across the organization such as www.apartments.com, www.costar.com and www.loopnet.com
- An Individual who is passionate about automating and leveraging DevOps principles, always striving for operational excellence with infrastructure-as-code mentality.
- An individual lives and breathes continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using latest DevOps tools and innovative methods
- Ensure the health and uptime of critical systems and applications with pro-active monitoring, analyzing metrics, implementing best practices, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- An individual with proactive and go-getter attitude who works well in a team environment as an individual contributor
- An individual who is comfortable in a development and operations role
- An individual who has a thirst for learning new tools, platforms and languages
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with teams in IT and business organizations within the company
- A critical thinker with good problem solving and time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- An individual Strong communication skills, expresses oneself clearly both verbally and in writing.
- On-call rotation
What essential qualifications and skills we are looking for?
- 3-5+ years’ experience with managing heavy web traffic sites using mass scale architecture with a developer focus
- Configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Infrastructure as code using Cloudformation, Terraform or similar platforms
- Some experience in AWS or Azure or Google cloud
- Application load balancing technologies such as F5 LTMs, including management of VIPs, pools, nodes, iRule authoring, SSL offloading.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools in areas of APM, system vitals, synthetics and RUM.
- Heavy scripting support (PowerShell), Bash, Ruby, Groovy
- Experience with any SQL or No SQL databases
- Experience with configuring Content Delivery Networks (CDN) for performance caching and global traffic management.
- Familiarity with infrastructure foundation components of large networks in AWS and on-prem (e.g., systems & network administration, DNS, hypervisors, containers, databases, multi-datacenters).
What is good to have but not required?
- Programming languages / some developer background with either Java, C#, Python,NodeJS
- Server-less architecture methodologies
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and remediation
- Mobile application support (iOS, Android)
- Experience in REST API or Microservices development
- Agile methodologies and working on short sprint cycles
What we Offer
- Company subsidized health care- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- 401k with company match of up to 4%
- PTO and sick leaves
- Short-term and Long–term disability
- Basic life insurance.
- Tuition assistance
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
For 25 years we’ve made it a priority to help our employees achieve their best. We know our success is reflected in the success of the people that make CoStar an industry leader. We are constantly reinventing the way commercial real estate professionals access and use data and we want you to play a part in our continued innovation and growth.