Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Market Analyst
at CoStar Group
CoStar is seeking to add a Senior Market Analyst to our growing team in Los Angeles. This position is located in downtown Los Angeles.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Market Analyst is responsible for producing meaningful, relevant, and insightful analysis of real estate market conditions for inclusion in CoStar’s product offerings. This content will take various forms, including 1) written and video narratives in CoStar’s market and sub-market reports; 2) visual content included in presentations about the market; 3) verbal discussions about the market with CoStar customers; and 4) written and visual content sent to the media. Details of these responsibilities are:
- Analyze market data and draw insightful conclusions.
The Senior Market Analyst is responsible for utilizing all the data available at CoStar and to manipulate, aggregate and organize this data to uncover trends, patterns and other insights of interest to the commercial real estate industry.
- Maintain well-written, timely CRE market and sub-market reports.
One of the primary work products of the Senior Market Analyst is written analysis and commentary on commercial real estate (including office, industrial, retail and multifamily asset types) in sub-markets and markets covered by CoStar. This commentary should be relevant, insightful, interesting and thought provoking to CoStar clients.
- Translate analysis and insights into meaningful presentations and deliver them to the market.
The Senior Market Analyst will deliver in-person market updates to CoStar clients and industry groups, focusing on economic and CRE trends in the market. Other products containing commentary and analysis may be added as the Market Analytics team develops strategies to inform CoStar clients and disseminate expert market knowledge.
- Regularly review CoStar data for accuracy, timeliness and quality.
The Market Analyst is responsible for monitoring CoStar data for the metro, reviewing for accuracy, and ensuring errors and outliers are corrected in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience working in commercial real estate, with familiarity of the local market
- College degree, preferably in real estate, economics, finance or urban planning; graduate degree preferred
- Firm understanding of economic theory and principles and their application to the real estate industry
- Demonstrated writing skills; ability to write effectively and in large volumes
- Strong data and analysis skills, in particular using MS Office products
- Polished presentation and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
For 25 years we’ve made it a priority to help our employees achieve their best. We know our success is reflected in the success of the people that make CoStar an industry leader. We are constantly reinventing the way commercial real estate professionals access and use data and we want you to play a part in our continued innovation and growth.