Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CoStar Group
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data.
We are the leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions. We are growing rapidly and searching for a Senior Technical Manager who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Technical Manager provides project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging Agile Scrum development and project management best practices defined by the company. They will undertake the execution of software development projects to achieve the company’s strategic objectives and must work closely with Product Design & other technical managers.
Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good Technical Manager from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
Specify: Work directly with senior leaders in our Product Design and Technical organizations to design internal applications that support our multi-billion dollar business.
Build: Manage and coordinate your team of 4-6 software developers in building applications and platforms utilizing the Agile SDLC. Act as a player/coach.
Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality.
Launch: Take complete ownership of product launch activities and coordinate closely with DevOps to monitor application performance and availability.
Measure: Monitor application metrics to ensure the expected results are met with continual user growth.
Grow: Make your team leads, your team, and your peer teams better at what they do by (1) hiring and developing the absolute best developers, (2) setting clear team objectives and (3) providing concise, timely and actionable guidance to team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of prior management experience
- Experience in Web and Database technologies
- Solid web development and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience in developing Server Side Rendered and Single Page Web Applications
- Experience in fast paced Agile Scrum environments
- Proficiency in Continuous Delivery best practices
- Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
- Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
- Commercial Real Estate knowledge is a bonus
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
For 25 years we’ve made it a priority to help our employees achieve their best. We know our success is reflected in the success of the people that make CoStar an industry leader. We are constantly reinventing the way commercial real estate professionals access and use data and we want you to play a part in our continued innovation and growth.