Covenant Surgical Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Receptionist
at Covenant Surgical Partners
Covenant Surgical Partners is hiring a Fulltime Front Desk Receptionist at De La Pena Eye Clinic located in Montebello, CA.
Under the day to day general direction of the Front Office Manager and Executive Director, the Front Desk Receptionist handles and routes all incoming calls and greets patients and patient families. Additionally, the Receptionist is responsible for insurance verification as needed, cash collections and the correct handling of patient charts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives patients and visitors and provides assistance in scheduling appointments, patient registration, medical chart maintenance and the coordination of patient referrals.
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner and verifies patient contact and insurance information on file.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments for surgeries for physicians at the ambulatory surgery center.
- Registers the patients, while ensuring that all demographic information is current.
- Ensures that required documents are received and documented in the patient’s record, such as Physician orders, result of patient history and physical exams, advance directives, patient bill of rights and notice of ownership disclosure.
- Creates, files and retrieves patient charts as needed, ensuring proper security measures are followed to maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
- Answers non-medical questions and gives routine non-medical instructions.
- Enters demographics of new patients, including insurance information, into the applicable system.
- Ensures appropriate patient signatures are secured for the informed consents prior to service being rendered.
- Ensures that referrals are available and, if required, coordinates the exchange of patient data with referral sources.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, handling calls if applicable and otherwise routing calls to the appropriate party or taking messages.
- Collects, verifies and enters into the applicable system, all insurance and third-party resources for payment.
- May coordinate insurance verification with insurance companies through online eligibility verification system on a case by case basis.
- Communicates with patient regarding patient’s financial responsibility and collects moneys such as copayments for the procedures.
- Conducts reminder calls prior to procedures.
- May escort patients throughout the Practice to insure proper office flow.
- Understands and abides by all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Healthcare receivables industry experience is preferred.
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, speak, and communicate clearly in both English and Spanish.
- Excellent typing and computer usage skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to relate with people of diverse backgrounds, provide excellent customer service and solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of medical insurance terminology, medical benefits, and billing process.
- Experience with online benefit verification, working with insurance companies, and have extensive knowledge of different types of coverage and policies.
- Maintain accurate patient insurance records.
- Good judgement and must have excellent multitasking skills.
- Resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, give attention to detail, prioritize and perform several tasks together without losing concentration.
- Effective in communicating clearly in writing and in speaking without being misunderstood.
- TEAM PLAYER and willing to be diversified job duties.
- Willing to be cross-trained.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO FULLTIME ASSOCIATES: BCBS Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Rx coverage, Medical Spending Accounts, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Short term/Long term disability), 401K Retirement plan Company match, Wellness options, generous Tuition assistance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays and more!