Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDE Case Management - Program Assistant II
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 24-Apr-2019 to 01-Jul-2019 (PST)
- CDE Case Management
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Program Assistant II - CDE Case Management
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Program Assistant II who will provide support to the Family Services Specialist. This position will create and maintain new parent or provider files, including filing required documentation., review and ensure proper documentation are provided, prepare forms, notices and correspondence, enter client information into the database, and make follow-up phone calls to providers regarding terminated parents. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Create and maintain new parent or provider files, including filing required documentation.
- Review and ensure proper documentation are provided.
- Prepares forms, notices and correspondence regarding missing documentations, etc.
- Enter client information on GEARS and other internal database.
- Make follow-up phone calls to providers regarding terminated parents.
- Set up appointments for new enrollments/recertifications and/or follow up on rescheduled appointments and no-shows, and send letters to parents of documentation needed for re/certification.
- Follow the Interagency Transfer Agreement process when sending families to or receiving families from other agencies.
- Maintain private agency waiting list by updating, editing and verifying info.
- Check for qualifying need, residence of families and child care needs within our service area.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and serve as backup for monthly claim processing as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- High School diploma required; Associate of Arts degree in the Social Sciences field preferred; years of related work experience can be substituted for the AA degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with parents receiving subsidized child care or social support services, with a minimum one year of experience in a administrative or clerical support position.
- Requires knowledge and competency on GEARS and other database applications. Must have some knowledge of County, State and Federal program requirements for Alternative Payment and Child Care Subsidy Programs.
- Requires excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle challenging customer calls or requests.
- Requires great attention to detail. Involves broad application of program knowledge.
- Must possess ability to work with a diverse individuals, groups, and management levels.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and handle changing priorities and deadlines. Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Requires considerable accuracy and ability to produce under tight deadlines.
- Works under general supervision on routine work. Refers to the specialist or supervisor for clarification or questions on unusual cases.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.