Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enrollments - Family Services Specialist
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 24-May-2019 to 06-Sep-2019 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
ENROLLMENTS - FAMILY SERVICES SPECIALIST
What We're Looking For:
We seek an effective Family Services Specialist for our Enrollments Unit. Under general supervision, the Family Services Specialist will determine eligibility and assist parents eligible under the California subsidized child care programs gain access to child care programs and services. All duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance to pertinent contractual obligations and department standards. Assistance provided by the Family Services Specialist includes the delivery of quality services in the following areas:
- Determine eligibility, process enrollment (including families transferred from Stage 1) and complete the initial certification of families qualified for subsidized childcare within designated time frames, as required.
- Accurately enter family data into the department's waiting list (CareWait) and enroll families from the list onto the program based on state guidelines, as required.
- Monitor cases for program compliance and ensure documentation is accurate, appropriate and complete.
- Schedule and conduct timely initial interviews to facilitate parents' enrollment or continuation on the program.
- Authorize family for childcare services according to agency policies and timelines.
- Answer client inquiries and provide supportive referral services to families and providers regarding child care options and other community resources; assist walk-ins as needed
- Maintain regular follow-up of all open items.
- Coordinate and resolve all routine and non-routine problems by interfacing with internal and external organizations.
- Perform data entry functions for initial enrollment, changes and updates.
- Acts as a liaison between parents, providers, government agencies and CSI or between parents/providers and internal departments (Contracts, Claims, Payments, etc.).
- Review cases for discrepancies that may identify possible fraud.
- Provide technical assistance to parents and providers by advising them on available options and how to successfully navigate through processes.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures to meet state and federal program requirements by providing input.
- Participate in work groups, committees and ad hoc groups.
- Meet assigned, specific performance standards for the respective unit and/or department.
- 18. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Experience working with families receiving subsidized childcare or other social support services.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree from an accredited university or equivalent. Related work experience in case management/human services/client/vendor management/child development may be substituted for college degree.
- Must have excellent communication and customer relations skills.
- Requires analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Requires considerable accuracy and ability to produce in a timely manner.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task while working in a collaborative, team environment with a positive attitude.
- Must have ability to work with diverse groups.
- Requires the exercise of some independent judgment and discretion in analyzing facts and circumstances and in the determination of actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice. Involves application of broad knowledge of contract funding terms and CSI policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn County, State and Federal provider (parent) contract requirements for Alternative Payment and Child Care Subsidy Programs and ability to demonstrate proficiency with GEARS, etc.
- Work under limited supervision and guidance, the candidate must have the ability to plan and arrange own workflow following established procedures and guidelines.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.