Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance - Internal Auditor
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 17-Oct-2018 to 31-Jul-2019 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Finance Internal Auditor
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking an Internal Auditor who, under the guidance and direction of the Chief Executive and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors is responsible for the Internal Audit function and providing leadership and oversight for the Quality Assurance Unit. In general, the Internal Auditor provides a systematic, disciplined and effective approach in evaluating and recommending improvements to risk management, internal controls, compliance and governance processes within the Agency. The Internal Auditor performs professional internal auditing work, consults and guides management and staff as to internal audit matters; and develops the Agency's annual audit plan to be approved by the Audit Committee. The Internal Auditor ensures that the work of Internal Audit and Quality Assurance are in alignment with the Agency's overall strategic plan. The Internal Auditor is also responsible for performing the full audit cycle including risk management, control management, financial reliability and compliance with all directives and regulatory guidelines and industry standards. The ideal candidate will also have the following essential qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A graduate degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field, or certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA may substitute for one year of required experience. The combination of a graduate degree and a certification may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation required. Three or more years of management or supervisory experience. Experience supporting a non-profit agency is preferred.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of County, State and Federal contract requirements for Alternative Payment, Child Care Subsidy and Head Start Programs policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.