Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head Start/Early Head Start - Master Teacher (Coach)
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 18-Jun-2019 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Location: South Los Angeles & Compton areas
The following job summary is for descriptive purposes only. Actual job descriptions and job title is subject to change.
Crystal Stairs, Inc., a California nonprofit corporation dedicated to improving the lives of families through child care services, research & advocacy.
Searching for a dedicated, mission-driven Early Head Start Master Teacher to coach, mentor and develop teachers to improve the ability of the teaching staff to assess and understand the children they teach.
- Candidates must have an Associates/Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or child development; or an Associates/Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Child Development Permit at the Teacher level or above; or provide original "Verification of Completion Form (41-CDP1)" completed by an approve VOC agency.
- CLASS Certified.
Head Start Master Teacher is required to:
- Provide feedback in a supportive, instructive and non-judgmental way; enhancing the ability of teaching staff to observe children's activities and experiences as part of the ongoing assessment process and to use this information to individualize the curriculum.
- Evaluate classroom quality using the Early Childhood Education Rating Scale (ECERS) and other assessment tools.
- Provide opportunities for children to use their creative abilities, and to explore and experiment with a variety of media through art, music, drama in all aspects of the program.
- Maintain a vibrant, well-arranged and orderly classroom; develops a plan to ensure the safety of the children while they are using indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Inspect facilities for hazardous conditions, unsafe equipment and materials; follows an emergency exit plan and conducts monthly emergency exit drills.
Valid California driver's license, motor vehicle and evidence of automobile liability insurance. Meet State health requirements including passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and provide verification of a TB clearance at the time of employment. CPR and Basic First Aid certificate. Fingerprints must be on file with the Justice Department.
Crystal Stairs, Inc. is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs, Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, Inc. please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org