Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations - Commercial Property/Facilities Manager
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 12-Sep-2018 to 01-Aug-2019 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Commercial Property/Facilities Manager
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking an Operations Manager leads and manages the operations and purchasing departments, where staff performs a wide range of services related to operations, facilities management and procurement. The Operations Manager also manages and administers the lease portfolio including landlord/tenant concerns for Crystal Stairs, Inc. and service area locations. Conducts inspections of all properties on a regular basis to ensure facilities are clean, well maintained, aesthetically pleasing and safe and oversees building renovation projects for all Crystal Stairs operated properties and other office support projects. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for administrative functions, including but not limited to: facilities maintenance, health and safety regulations, supply ordering and distribution, asset recording, monitoring, and disposal, mail processing, meeting set ups, off site storage, vehicle maintenance, and acquiring, recording, and disbursing Agency supplied equipment as needed, copy services, safety and security, purchasing and related operations services and procedures.
- Ensures high performance that results in the achievement of goals and objectives (e.g. quality, accuracy and timely).
- Perform ongoing evaluation of administrative, operations and procurement services for Crystal Stairs' programs and staff.
- Ensures compliance of established standard procedures and practices for quality assurance.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new services and procedures.
- Develop, write, implement, update, and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Participate in intra-departmental projects as needed.
- Train staff in facilities and procurement related matters and regularly conducts presentations/updates.
- Empower staff by fostering an environment of shared ownership, collaboration, recognition, constructive feedback, and collaboration.
- Set an example for all personnel through the effective planning and execution of daily tasks and through the clear, considerate communications with internal clients and vendors.
- Strategically plan work to align with Agency schedules, major events, and holidays.
- Negotiate service agreements, select contractors and suppliers, provide quality-control oversight, implement cost-containment initiatives, measure compliance to contractual standards and provide liaison as needed between the Agency and third-party service providers.
- Build and maintain strong relations with property owners through direct communication.
- Identify new properties that can accommodate a preschool center within the Agency's service area.
- Negotiate all lease terms in accordance with established leasing guidelines, working with management and the Agency's attorney when required.
- Draw up necessary leases, including all pertinent lease information obtained, and see that they are properly executed and distributed to appropriate parties.
- Negotiate renewals and prepare lease renewal addendum.
- Keep informed of market conditions and competitive rental rates, performs market research as necessary.
- Develop RFPs (with defined scope of work) for construction and property remodel/renovation projects, office equipment and support services.
- Oversee property construction, renovation, and remodels as assigned.
- Coordinates general building and site maintenance repairs to ensure timeliness and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a qualified vendor/contractor group to provide efficient operation.
- Frequently communicate and coordinate with the Crystal Stairs Facilities Supervisor and Head Start Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor and Purchasing Supervisor to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- On a needed basis, respond to urgent after hours and weekend facilities concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Related work experience may be substituted for college level education.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience, with ability to supervise staff at multiple locations is required.
- Minimum of two years procurement experience with at least one year experience in an environment that adheres to State and Federal procurement guidelines.
- Minimum of two years of general office/administrative support work experience, preferably in an operations-related field.
- Minimum of two years experience with MS Office is required.
- Must have knowledge of general operations and facilities management.
- Must have knowledge and experience in developing and negotiating leases, service agreements and RFPs.
- Must have knowledge and experience in construction planning and project management.
- Must have knowledge of State and Federal procurement guidelines.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Requires excellent quantitative analysis skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with staff, vendors, and Municipal Officials.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must have knowledge on how to obtain building permits.
- Possesses an understanding of building practices, code requirements, and engineering specifications.
- Able to review contractor cost estimates and value engineering proposals for validity.
- Must possess strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires use of sound judgment with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with diverse groups of people, including senior management.
- Requires the exercise of independent discretion and judgment in determining course of action for specific situations. Involves application of broad knowledge of procurement and facilities management.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance. Travel required for this position approximately 20-25%.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org